Sign in to follow this  

Coolest thing you have ever seen riding

Riding here in mich. trails,we see alot of Turkey,and deer. I was in the u. p. riding ,and had a deer on the trail heading strait for me as i came around a corner,good thing the deer has better reaction time then me.

2 weekends ago....B-1 and B-2 bombers flying overhead for the Edwards afb air show.And several years ago we had a B-1 fly over us...he was so low we could see the pilot! And after he flew over us he throttled up and within seconds he was gone !!

My buddy and his dad were out riding one day, up in the middle of nowhere and they stopped for a quick break and they saw a native man hiding behind a tree watching them. Now keep in mind this trail was about a 2 hour RIDE from the nearest town and not even close to accessible by truck.

Some of the cool things I have seen in 30 years of riding?

I have twice encountered bears. They didnt want anything to do with me. Both ran the other direction fast.

I have seen lots of deer and elk.

I have also seen some large cats. (This one scares me, they arnt so frightened)

The best ever was just last summer. My brother in law and I were headed down to a river on the trail. When we got there the trail opens up to a big rock beach, and on the beach were about 20 guys and girls skinny dipping. It was great. I even got off my bike and walked over to the water to fill my water bottles (up stream of course). They never even blinked an eye at us. Just went on about there business. Those girls were hot. What I wouldnt give to be 17 again.

Thats about it.

Ohh and one more, I got to see TUBO ride a TTR125 for 30 miles on tight trails, that was pretty funny.

this last weekend My family and I went to Dove Springs and we saw 2 baby bobcats crossing the trail right in front of us :banghead:, 2 red tailed hawks up close :lol:, a desert tortise :busted: and tons of jackrabbits :busted: . It was a awsome :banghead: weekend everytime we go there we always see lots of wildlife.

My buddy and his dad were out riding one day, up in the middle of nowhere and they stopped for a quick break and they saw a native man hiding behind a tree watching them. Now keep in mind this trail was about a 2 hour RIDE from the nearest town and not even close to accessible by truck.

What? you saw an indian? or was is sasquatch? lol

The coolest thing I have come across yet was when riding up in Copper Basin, Idaho north of Sunvalley/Ketchum.

We were flying along the main gravel road and were just taking random turn offs and seeing where they would take us. Rode past this one twice before deciding that it had to have been a road at one time and turning off. It took us up past two -huge- mountain slides that we had to ride through the debris fields of (talk about some bad ass scree to ride in) and up a few switch backs and to an old abandoned mine. The shaft was still open for ~ 20 feet in and the air coming out was frigid. It was around 80 or 90 degrees ambient outside and standing in front of that mine shaft the air coming out had to be less then 30 degrees, you could see your breath fogging and everything. A steady stream was running out as well, coming out just barely above freezing point.

I'm hoping to make it back up there next summer and take some pictures.

Also hope to find a few of the Uranium mines in central/north-central wyoming next summer.

Dumont Dunes, CA a few years ago there were 2 fighter jets (dont know which kind) that were doing manuevers near the dunes. Every few passes they would come ripping (and I mean F'n rippin') over the dunes to check us out. The entire area would just stop and watch them. Awesome! There's also a bombing range way off to the East and they bomb were bombing it all night long and the flashes were quite visable.

Recently I saw a huge desert tortoise shell out by Cal City a few months ago. This thing must've weighed 200 lbs alive, the shell was huge and bleached white from the sun. Rattlers, tarantulas, hawks, herd of cows blocking the road up in the Piutes, burned out cars all over the desert, centipedes, meth labs, time machine out by 29 Palms. Damn the desert is freaking crazy!

i fell while climbing a steep hill. while i was trying to turn my bike around to go back down, i heard the sound of something running. i looked over to my right and there was a mountain lion running by literally 15 feet away :banghead::banghead: . it ran right by and completely ignored the fact that i was there. scared the hell out of me though :lol:

man in barstow there is a secret military base out in the middle of nowhere, we didnt know and we wre ridin and c this fence so we start riding around and out the ground a bunch of hummers with ppl manning the guns come out, no need to mention how fast we got outta there. later at night we came back and they have a runway that is lit with red lights and when the plane approached it, it went green for like 10 secs, as soon as he landed they went red again. that was nutz. another area 51???

haha i experienced that when i rode at barstow...but its just edwards airforce base...they own tons of miles of land so if ur riding in barstow ur most likley riding on there property

Some of the cool things I have seen in 30 years of riding?

I have twice encountered bears. They didnt want anything to do with me. Both ran the other direction fast.

I have seen lots of deer and elk.

I have also seen some large cats. (This one scares me, they arnt so frightened)

The best ever was just last summer. My brother in law and I were headed down to a river on the trail. When we got there the trail opens up to a big rock beach, and on the beach were about 20 guys and girls skinny dipping. It was great. I even got off my bike and walked over to the water to fill my water bottles (up stream of course). They never even blinked an eye at us. Just went on about there business. Those girls were hot. What I wouldnt give to be 17 again.

Thats about it.

Ohh and one more, I got to see TUBO ride a TTR125 for 30 miles on tight trails, that was pretty funny.

Ask Jesse about that little TTR nipping on his heals all day. Ask him who waited for whom? Just ask. :banghead:

We were riding trails by palomar mountain and we got over a hill and there was an old, crappy, scary, weird house with burnt cages and burnt dolls everywhere im sure there is something better that ive.....wait we found a nazi cult thing in temecula once haha that was weird, ok thats what ive got for now.

I have ridden side by side on trail with a Moose which was about feet at the Shoulder! I havw also ridden down a trail in a flock of Turkeys flying away from us, I could reach up and touch them.

I was riding last year about 30 miles from Las Vegas in a fairly remote area and we ran into a small herd of wild horses. We just stopped and watched them for a while...really beautiful animals.