Anyone going back to 2 stroke for 06?

well im gonna dump my 03 yz250f and go with a new CR250R this year, cant wait to get a 2 stroke.

rode it once and raced it(my friends bike) and fell in love.

its 2 stroke time for me!!

anyone else going that way for 06, or anyone to from 2 to 4 then back to 2?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last time I checked a 250 2 stoke compares more to a 450 4 stroke & not a 250 4 stroke :banghead: Thus I would suggest trying a 450 before you get the 2 stroke. Nothing wrong with the smokers but just look at all options like comparing 2 smoker to a bike with similar power not half the power :banghead:

A friend has a 01 RM250 & after riding my ancient 99 yz400f he wants a 4 stroke & he's never been a 4 stroke fan.

again, nothing wrong with the smokers, just compare it to a bike in it's class?

last time I checked a 250 2 stoke compares more to a 450 4 stroke & not a 250 4 stroke :banghead: Thus I would suggest trying a 450 before you get the 2 stroke. Nothing wrong with the smokers but just look at all options like comparing 2 smoker to a bike with similar power not half the power :banghead:

A friend has a 01 RM250 & after riding my ancient 99 yz400f he wants a 4 stroke & he's never been a 4 stroke fan.

again, nothing wrong with the smokers, just compare it to a bike in it's class?

yes a 250 2 stroke compares to a 450, thats WHY THEY ARE IN TEH SAME CLASS.

i ride my 250f at a level that im starting to need some more power.

my local pro class is a mix of 250f's and 250/450 bikes this is why i want a 250 2 stroke.

the class is quite large and i finished the best ive ever done (2nd) after riding the 250 2 stroke once.

it suits me, im so fast on it.

dont get me wrong, its not the bike..its just that i click with the 2 stroke more than any other bike out there.

not to mention, 450's are WAY overrated.

Yep, we just bought an 06' yz250 of the show room flor (my dads bike) and we got my bike a 2005 yz85...

id actually go for the yamaha if they came in yellow.

im completely sick of garbage graphics and plastic creasing and turning white.

sounds bad i know, but my current yami looks worse!

I went from 2001 YZ250F 2 years, to a 2004 Crf450 for 2 years to a 2006 YZ250 just a month ago. I race +30B and 250B in D-17 motocross. but occasionally like today ride trails too. I switched because of the money I was putting into the CRf and wanted a easy to maintain/rebuild but yet fun machine. The YZ is the ticket.

It is incredibly light, turns great, stops on a dime, but it is a lot different style of riding. You may have rode or raced one before but i had not. I have learned the clutch is my friend and to keep the rpm's up. Once you adapt it's fast but you have to ride harder than on the 4 stroke. That's not a bad thing though. It makes you faster.

If you change your mind later you can always switch back to a 4. WHO knows how much longer we will have he 2 smoke option. Good luck.

id actually go for the yamaha if they came in yellow.

im completely sick of garbage graphics and plastic creasing and turning white.

sounds bad i know, but my current yami looks worse!

you can always get an acerbis plastic kit, black or white looks cool. I like the blue but that's because I just rode red for 2 years. The YZ is a sweet bike. Ask Satch. Plus with the money you save on the 4 stroke (450) you can get plastics, a v-force and a pipe if you want.

I had a 04 CRF250 and went back to a smoker last year when my son moved up to a KX65. We sport the team green feeling at my house. :banghead:

I like the simplicity of the maintenance with off road smokers. When its muddy and you crash or stall its a hell of alot easier to start too!! :banghead:

Looking for a 125/250 2 smoke to chase my son around the tight single track we ride in the northeast. Maybe try the GNCC at Unadilla next year.

My DRZ is still great for the dualsport rides.

KRac

00 DRZ400s

03 YZ85 (sons)

03 TTR125 (for sale)

Im sellin my 04 CRF250 to get a 05 YZ125 for the indoor season. I rode my friends and I loved it. I'm pretty small for my age, 5'5" and 107 lbs and on the indoor track it was so much easier for me to throw around and get it where I wanted it to go. But I'm getting my '06 CRF250 in the spring for the outdoors. I might use the YZ in the 16-24 class just because it's so fun to ride.