Sign in to follow this  

Just picked up 06 RMZ450

Gonna have to change my signature now. Picked up the thumper in nashville today and will take it to 800mx where there having a vintage national this weekend so track should be good. Can't wait to let this baby loose! :banghead:

Broke in the 450, rode it like I stole it. turns like its on rails and has more power than the 05. Still no big hit but you notice the diff in the mid, pulls longer. Did a couple practice starts which is an uphill about 100 yards, could NOT keep the front down. come off the gate in second about quarter throttle, start rolling it on and get in third as soon as possible then just hang on. Track was preped for a vintage national and those guys stick to the enside lines so the outside deep loam was awsome. Even on the tightest turns the 450 handles with ease in 3rd gear. Only time I needed 2nd was to seat bounce a small double right out of an off camber. Ran the bike with the suspension adjusted all the way out (soft) to break in the valving and still never bottomed out and after about 20 minutes on this thing I was over jumping alot of stuff.

Congrats, I just finished my first harescramble on my 06 RMZ 450 this thing loves the woods too. This was a team race with a lemans start, you have to run to your bike and start it, the Z started first kick and I was gone. we finished first in the Halloween 100 at haspin acres in Laurel Indiana. Glad you like it

Thanks, speaking of starting, I did stall my bike a couple of times and fell in a corner once. Each time I tried to just kick it over 2 or 3 times then would use the hot start. Using the HS it started first kick every time.

Yeah, I have yet to see one person disappointed with this machine.

I was a bit pissy when I heard all the changes made to the '06 but I'll just throw on the '06 linkage and have a tech shorten my shock shaft 2mm.

I couldn't imagine this bike handling any better than it does.

:banghead::banghead::lol: