Sign in to follow this  

Pister Pro free mod

Head pipe

My buddy pulled the exhaust off his Pister and said there was a big restriction in the exhaust so I pulled off mine to have a peak and here is what it was, there is a big weld on the inside of the head pipe, the pipe is 21mm in diameter and it was around 16-17mm at the weld so I got in there and hogged it out it's around 20mm now. A dye grinder and a carbide will do the job in no time but I had no carbide so I used a big rat tail file and a Dremmel with a sanding cone. What gains it will produce I'm not sure but it can't hurt.

Good eye! you can get a little better flow, by filing done some of the weld.

Well my buddy just did the same mod and took it for a rip and he said it is very noticeable and the slight hesitation done low is gone. I'll be taking mine for some laps later on.

It should help the flow and for those that can't afford an after market pipe right now this one should work fine as it's 21mm and most big bore aftermarkets are 25mm or 1".

I am that buddy. Took off the pipe origanilly to try out a DandD pipe. Took it for a rip with the DandD (7/8" ID) pipe there was a noticalbe difference from stock.(suprise)

After hogging out the stock head pipe and trying it again, there seemed to be the similar power gains as the DandD. Mabey a full inch ID pipe would be the ticket. Any suggestions?

Are there any gaskets that need to be replaced if one removes the pipe?

Actually mine didn't even have a gasket but I had a brand new one for a Honda Z50 laying around and it fit perfect. 25mm id just like the exh.port.

Did the job in no time with my dremmel. I'll give it a ride tomorrow

THANKS!

There are no restriction on my Moster, allthough it supposed to be the same bike?

Does anyone know is there more difference whit this bikes?