Trivia Question: ON ANY SUNDAY II

I got the DVD versions of ON ANY SUNDAY I and II recently.

I was watching the dunes riding scene at the beginning and ending

of ON ANY SUNDAY II where Malcolm Smith, Bruce Penhall, and Kenny Roberts are on dirtbikes riding on top of the dunes. Smith of course was riding

a Husqvarna, Penhall was on a Honda CR...I couldn't tell what exactly Kenny Roberts was riding...I'm thinking that it was a Yamaha...And since it was white I'm thinking like a TT500...It was underpowered and heavy looking compared to the other two bikes and he dumped it a couple of times in the frame where the other guys were roosting...I never got a good look at Robert's machine but it didn't look like much so I'm thinking TT500...

Anybody??

Man I love watching that old Motocross (That was my generation and when I was racing ...late 70's)...Hannah, Howerton, Weinert, Lackey, Wise, Marty Smith, Mike "too tall" Bell...I love the look of those factory MX bikes with their aluminum tanks and hand made parts...You knew what the guy was riding without looking close...Look at Hannah racing in that and you see he's wearing SCOTT USA Plastic MX boots which at the time were thought to be the future (plastic)...I had the other plastic MX boot in the early 80's...Can't remember the name (Started with a "V")...They were hell to shift in...No flex...The other rage at the time was Fox AirShox on CRs mostly...They wouldn't last though during a season...

Yeah...I think that's what they were called...Mine were blue with a

Red kind of foam boot liner...

The plastic boots lasted for years and years..All you did was squirt them

off with a hose...The foam liner however disintegrated after a while

from sweat (just like the foam does on your goggles)...

I never got to see Decoster race in person...Although my earliest memories of

motocross was watching him on ABC's Wide World of Sports...Wearing that Suzuki Yellow Jersey with the "Rising Sun" symbol...

I did see Hannah race a couple of times in 77/78...First ever Supercross in Pittsburgh...Fantastic race...And at Mt. Morris PA...Him and Kent Howerton diced back and forth...Exciting stuff...

Vectors maybe?.............plastic boots that is

Oh yeah, you can't leave out "The Man" Roger DeCoster

I remeber seeing video of him at the local Suzuki dealer back in the day,early 70's