Sign in to follow this  

Ocotillo Halloween Weekend.

Our group had a great safe trip. Was really stoked to see most people using hand signals to inform the size of groups, quads and trucks too!

Rolled up on one major accident when a truck smacked a quad. Looked like the truck had the right of way, not sure if that was a concern for the quad guy who had some pretty serious leg injuries to say the least.

On the way out Sunday afternoon, we witnessed pure stupidity when a young buck in his lifted ford passed my whole caravan and almost t-boned a SUV turning left...

Instant Karma on that butt licker when he got pulled over by the lovely sheriff's dept. 2 miles down the road, i think he got nailed pretty good because all the cars in front of me slowed down to inform the cop of this drivers skill including me.

Great weekend. As always the vibe was positive and we all had a great time!

I was out there as well and it was maniacal to say the least. Good trip overall though. I noticed a truck on the way out on Sunday with a licencse plate from Kentucky, perhaps it was you? I believe it was an older Chevy or GMC (but I could be wrong.) Either way congrats on a safe trip.

Some 16 yr old looking kid driving a Ford Ranger/trophy truck, wheels way outside the body, went thru a blind area just east of the airstrip at full clip. If anyone knows who that is, kick him in the nuts for me. My bud and i were fortunatly riding the inside line and he came past at 60-80 mph. For anyone to charge a blind section when plenty of people are out and about is criminal. Other than that it was a nice weekend. I heard a paramedic say on Sunday that only two bad one's and 6 normal type.

I have been going out there on Halloween the last 4 years and this year I passed. OWells is usually pretty safe but on Halloween the demons come out and your chances of getting T-boned increase dramatically, particularly if you ride the main roads. I decided to go the weekend before and will be going out this weekend and probably the next. My objective is to ride and be able to come back and ride again. My neighbor also mentioned that he was in a 3 mile conga line back up on Sunday at the S2 and 79 junction coming home - that is what a bag of sunflower seeds are for. Happy trails.

T-Diddy

My neighbor also mentioned that he was in a 3 mile conga line back up on Sunday at the S2 and 79 junction coming home - that is what a bag of sunflower seeds are for. Happy trails.

T-Diddy

yea i got stuck in that took forever and we had a 3 year old OMG longest car ride ever! but it was a good weekend

The S2 backup was more like 5 or 6 miles when I got there.

It was a crowded weekend but once you got out of the main areas it wasn't too bad out there. Definitely plenty of people acting a fool though.