Made in China

OK, let me give you a scenario:

You're on a plane that has caught fire.

Someone hands you 2 parachutes.

One is stamped "Made in China" and

one is stamped "Made in the USA".

Which one you gonna put on? :banghead:

I'd put 'em both on.

Unless you packed them, Dani. In which case I'd drape them around me as a burial shroud.

There is a BIG difference between HK and I guess I will call (real China), even after the take over, China's leaders are not stupid they know a good thing when they see it (HK). And they do put on their best faces for westerners. As long as they keep their grubby little hands off of Formosa the world will be a happy place. If not DUCK AND COVER.

I am so ******* ******* sick and tired of seeing that.

When will it end?

Will will we produce anything in this country ever again?

How do we make it stop?

Made in China will end when the USA stops buying Chinese goods. We are the market for Chinese goods. Sinple supply and demand that the Chinese have mastered even though they are "Communists."

We are a nation of consumers and have a relatively skilled workforce. No, America will not produce anything aside from more consumers and technology we can outsource.

You make it stop by not buying Chinese goods. It is a simple as that.

You make it stop by not buying Chinese goods. It is a simple as that.

I agree but I don't see it happening.

We did nothing as the Japanese invaded our country with ultra cheap crap 30 years ago, and now we're doing the same with the chinese.

The american consumer has lost all loyalty to their country, the only thing that matters is the almighty pricetag.

It goes way deeper then the consumer.

Try telling the company i have a 250K contract with to source knit items out of China that their price will increase by 150% due to the fact that i will be sourcing the product domestically.

They will tell me to take a hike and move onto the next distributor or vendor and buy from them instead.

It goes way deeper then the consumer.

Try telling the company i have a 250K contract with to source knit items out of China that their price will increase by 150% due to the fact that i will be sourcing the product domestically.

They will tell me to take a hike and move onto the next distributor or vendor and buy from them instead.

The question is, however, who is buying that Chinese made knit item? Your company would not send make the item if there was no demand for it.

I agree but I don't see it happening.

We did nothing as the Japanese invaded our country with ultra cheap crap 30 years ago, and now we're doing the same with the chinese.

The american consumer has lost all loyalty to their country, the only thing that matters is the almighty pricetag.

2004 Yamaha WR450F (Mine)

Member of the AMA and Little Egypt Off-Road Motorcycle Club.

UMM... LOL

y'know, I do agree with what you say, but let's all take a look in our garages... If we were all soooo USA loyal in our purchases, Cannondale would still be in business. It is easy to say "buy american!", but when it comes to spending my hard earned dollar, I want the best product at the cheapest price I can find it.

This is realy very funny, how many of you ride a Jap bike. It was worse 30-40 years ago with the Jap goods. I feel the same way about Vietnam made goods and I was not even there, but old enought to remember watching the POW's come home on TV.

China did fight us in the 50's. Along with the rest of the free world.

That got me thinking did the French take part in that? Or where they too busy screwing up SE Asia.....Anybody.....Anybody?

Go back in time and shoot Bill Clinton

before he can become president. :banghead:

Richard Nixon started all of this with China.

Clinton was too stupid to cause any real damage.

The question is, however, who is buying that Chinese made knit item? Your company would not send make the item if there was no demand for it.

not so since the company sets trends.

consumer's don't set trends companies and marketing sets them.

Ummmm... as far as I know we are a capitalist country. Contrary to conservative beleif we Invaded and started a war with a sovereign nation. :banghead: We were the agressor.

What is unfortunate is the power corporations yield in this country. They elect the president, (through cash donations and fundraisers) How much did exxon and the other oil companies donate to W. Now they are getting a return on their investment. Healthcare and Pharmecueticals... same.

W is at least loyal to those that bought his office. The dems are almost as bad. I fear we will never have a president that has not already been bought.

We have acheived a standard of living most enjoy. If you want "made in the USA" to be competitive wages will need to be lower and corporations will need to make less money. It is true wages have increased for the average worker slightly. Take a look at how much CEO salaries have increased. These guys and a couple gals are making into the millions and hundreds of millions of dollars.

If wages are lower, you get a lower standard of living. Whose willing to take a pay cut? Many already have, but have the CEO and the like. Probably not.

Google Joseph Naccio of Qwest and take a look at our corporate leaders at work. :banghead:

You make a lot of sense. :lol:

I am so ******* ******* sick and tired of seeing that.

When will it end?

Will will we produce anything in this country ever again?

How do we make it stop?

Stop shopping at Wal Mart.......I haven't gone into one of those crap stores in 5 years!

Pink like a commie? Yeah thats me. :banghead:

Do I believe Corporations and Industry have to much political Power? Yes

Do I think people should be able to afford basic health care in one of the richest nations on this planet? Yes.

Do I believe we are getting screwed by big oil companies? Yes.

Do I believe it is because of Supply and Demand? No

Do I think we were attacked by the Saudi Terrorist because they are jeolous of our freedom? No

Is it OK to make a lot of money? Oh yes.

Should W close the frigging Borders? Yes

Do I think W and his clan are robbing this country blind, just like the Industry stooges that hired him? Yes

Have I ever been on unemployment, or any other state welfare? No

Should prescription drugs cost more here than in Canada? No

Should we pay a flat tax and send the IRS into the history books? Yes

I guess If I question the Government, or disagree with policy, or read and decide things for myself, that make me a commie.

:banghead:

UMM... LOL

y'know, I do agree with what you say, but let's all take a look in our garages... If we were all soooo USA loyal in our purchases, Cannondale would still be in business. It is easy to say "buy american!", but when it comes to spending my hard earned dollar, I want the best product at the cheapest price I can find it.

Cannondale was already gone when I bought my WR, there were still some bikes available here and there but I wouldnt buy a bike that I wasn't sure I'd be able to get parts for in the future.

I buy american when theres an american product available that'll do what I want it to do. Sometimes it just isnt possible to buy american, theres a few industrys that we no longer participate in (Electronics and clothing come to mind) But when theres a choice between american and foriegn, I'll always go with the one thats made here, reguardless if it costs a couple bucks more.

Ummmm... as far as I know we are a capitalist country. Contrary to conservative beleif we Invaded and started a war with a sovereign nation. :banghead: We were the agressor.

No, we were attacked by terrorist, now we are going after terrosist. Liberals will see it as offensive. But they are pacifist and would rahter "lay down, give up, just promise you wont hurt me" and I will be a good slave. :banghead: