Sign in to follow this  

2006 Crf450x Fly Wheel Weight

Anyone Know Of A Place To Buy A Flywheel Weight For A 2006 Crf450x? Anyone Running A Flywheel Weight On An X Model? I Would Like To Tame This Machine Down, And Be Able To Get Really Slow On The Hill Climbs Without Killing It. I Have Already Taken A Tooth Off The Front, And I Am Considering Adding A Few To The Back, But I Dont Want To Be Stuck With A 25mph Top Speed And Have To Short Shift All The Time. I Also Added A Rekluse Clutch And A Kouba Link To Get It Closer To The Ground, But Have Not Ridden It Yet.

Thanks

Dan

Can you bolt a TT heavy flwheel and rewound R model stator on an X?

That would appear to be the best and cleanest option.

Yup, what Whiteman said. With the right jetting these things don't stall with STOCK gearing,bud. The Rekluse guys, and I may be joining them ,swear by their no-stall performance. You could wind up making that bike into something you don't like at all.

The stock ratios are very off-road friendly, and they climb like a mountain goat.

I'd sure put some time on that bike first. If your jetting is stock, it's wrong. I, and a LOT of other X riders, swear by the JD kit and the side air intake mod directions enclosed with their kit.There's other ways to fix the jetting if you don't mind a lot of experimentation. If the jetting is stock it'll be doing a lot of stalling, Rekluse or not. Doug

To my knowledge no one is making a flywheel weight for the X yet. I thought I needed one after the first ride. Changed the needle & adjusted the slow jet on my CA model & I don't think I need a flywheel weight unless I do a lot more technical riding.

Suggest you ride slightly faster or install a Rekluse if absolutely necessary.:banghead::banghead:

I don't think I need a flywheel weight unless I do a lot more technical riding.

Suggest you ride slightly faster or install a Rekluse if absolutely necessary.:banghead::banghead:

Go back to the top and re-read Danhaug's post, but this time comprehend what he said. HE ALREADY HAS REKLUSE BUT HAS NOT RODE IT YET. He also does technical riding most. :lol::busted:

I ordered a JD jet kit, and I will try the bike with the modifications I have already done. Hopefully that will tame the bike down enough.

thanks for all the input

Dan

So let me get this straight you have installed a JD jet kit and a Rekluse and have not ridden it yet? If that's the case your are in for an eye opening experience my friend. That's the two best mods you can make on that bike. Now to get what your after (taming it down and climbing slow) just ride one gear higher than you normally do and you'll get your flywheel effect.

I rode the bike last weekend with the Rekluse clutch and lowered to the ground. What a difference!! Now all I need to do is put the JD jet kit in. Thanks for all the input.

Dan

I posted Trail-Tech's phone number a few months ago when I was looking for a weight for my 05-X. Now I have an 06-X and they still have not released the flywheel. I encourage you to call them and tell them you are interested. It will modivate them to get it out.

I also installed the JD kit, Rekluse clutch and dropped a tooth on the front sproket, and it made the 05 a nice woods friendly weapon. I would still like to get a weight though.

-Chuck

Try the G2 throttle, that's what Scott Summers is running on his 450. ww.g2ergo.com