Sign in to follow this  

help backfiring? wtf?

i finally got my tb 88 running good still has a little bog when i rip the throtttle open? but the main problem is, when i top it out in 3rd gear and let it decelrate it does 1 or 2 really lound backfires or bangs ? anyidea how to fix these 2 problems?

make sure you exhuast is tight and sealed up good cause any air suckin into the pip through the header will make it backfire

it leaks oil from the exaust like little drips does that mean its not seald? but oil is not supposed to be in the chamber? so &%$#@! is going on? it doesent have blue smoke coming out of the exaust so that means the piston rings are good ? so, any ideas? ?

Make sure the 4 cylinder stud nuts are properly torqued to 9 ft.-lbs. and also make sure the 2 valve tappet covers are snugged up. Most times, the oil leak is from either one of those areas, and it dribbles down the exhaust pipe, making one think the oil is leaking from the cylinder itself.

yea the oil passes through right above the pipe. if u got blue smoke out ur exhuast htem replace ur rings

It isnt a problem from the manufactuer though it is a problem from improper maintenence or just time to replace the rings, gosh freakin idiot. J/K