Sign in to follow this  

Switching from 10" to 12" rear rim

Any benefit to switching to a 12" rear from a 10" if the front already has a 12".

Seems to be a good selection on 12" rear rubber around.

i've put a 12" rear on my thump*. much better with the bigger knobby tyre.

Going to a 12" on the back seems like the way to go. The 12" rubber looks like there are more aggressive options available.

If you want it to be easy you might as well try a 18" inch rear rim and a full size frame to go with it...

...or you could just stay with the 10" rear wheel and let it be fiddy.

If you want it to be easy you might as well try a 18" inch rear rim and a full size frame to go with it...

Reeeoowwwwww!! ksssk...kssskk!

I'm in agreement with iskall. The whole point is the stupid fun of riding a poor handling bike with tiny wheels designed for a seven-year-old. Why try to turn it into a big bike?

I'm in agreement with iskall. The whole point is the stupid fun of riding a poor handling bike with tiny wheels designed for a seven-year-old. Why try to turn it into a big bike?

That's right. There's a lot of discussion about this here in Sweden, where we're trying to form a complete set of rules. Everyone seems to agree that max 12" front, and max 10" rear is the way to go. The wheelbase is an issue though - people want to compete with SDG Pro Mini knock offs equipped with 12/10.

We'll see what happens when those bikes arrive.

the SDG pro minis are equiped with 14/12...maybe a fake sdg pro mini has 12/10 but that would look retarded since the bike is huge and is big as a hopped up KLX110

Well, judge for your self :banghead:

Superbike2.jpg

The next thing RBracing will be complaining about are how hard the seats are on the PITSTER. don't want to damage his delicate rear end.

to answer the question:

1. it's easy to do, takes a few hours.

2. buy a 12" rim and the right spokes (make sure that the spoke count is the same).

3. remove 10" tire & rim & spokes from your hub (after taking a bunch of pictures for ref)

4. lace up 12". take your time, tighten all the spokes evenly. true them.

5. mount up your new (real knobbie) Dunlop or Starcross. Or just buy a complete wheel/tire.

i did mine a while back and it made a nice difference. i don't race, but it handles much better in the dirt. Now I'm 12/12 and it feels/looks right.

REFLEXX

FWIW: i did this on a sikk 125 (same as the 107), with a triangular swinger and it fit great. Got the rim and spokes from them, tire from Chaparral :banghead:

Well, judge for your self :banghead:

Superbike2.jpg

thats a poor photoshop job lol....are u saying this is a real pro mini? what the heck is on the front fork tube? there is a mysterious black bar going up along the back of the right fork tube..also the rear brake rotor disappears between the caliper and the swingarm, rear brake reservoir is mounted a few inches off , it has a completely different clutch cover than the real pro mini (new one is smoother with a light flat grey color, also says sdg engraved in it) that has different kick starter, different rotors/calipers and kick starter...appears to have one of those knock off BBR d-section pipes, on the real pro mini on the left side under the case is where the oil cooler hooks up to, also the top tripple clamp isnt the same as the real one on the pro mini, that thing has 1 bolt clamping it closed, the real one has 2 bolt pattern...theres so many tiny flaws everywhere its funny

either the guy did some major changes and tried to edit it to make it look better and just did a crappy job or its a fake....haha where did u find this pic?

thats a poor photoshop job lol....are u saying this is a real pro mini? what the heck is on the front fork tube? there is a mysterious black bar going up along the back of the right fork tube..also the rear brake rotor disappears between the caliper and the swingarm, rear brake reservoir is mounted a few inches off , it has a completely different clutch cover than the real pro mini (new one is smoother with a light flat grey color, also says sdg engraved in it) that has different kick starter, different rotors/calipers and kick starter...appears to have one of those knock off BBR d-section pipes, on the real pro mini on the left side under the case is where the oil cooler hooks up to, also the top tripple clamp isnt the same as the real one on the pro mini, that thing has 1 bolt clamping it closed, the real one has 2 bolt pattern...theres so many tiny flaws everywhere its funny

either the guy did some major changes and tried to edit it to make it look better and just did a crappy job or its a fake....haha where did u find this pic?

You've done your homework dude :banghead:

First of all: If you read my post again you'll see that I wrote SDG Pro Mini knock offs. So the answer is no, I do not say that it's a real SDG Pro Mini on the picture.

I guess these tiny flaws are what you'll have to accept on a knock off, right? After all it costs a third of the real SDG pro mini.

As I said, i do not encourage people to use this one to race, cause it's a midsizebike.

josh you crack me up!! dude we are going to have to meet up and ride in vegas!!

You've done your homework dude :banghead:

First of all: If you read my post again you'll see that I wrote SDG Pro Mini knock offs. So the answer is no, I do not say that it's a real SDG Pro Mini on the picture.

I guess these tiny flaws are what you'll have to accept on a knock off, right? After all it costs a third of the real SDG pro mini.

As I said, i do not encourage people to use this one to race, cause it's a midsizebike.

lol i did not see u said knock off thats why i asked if u thought it was real..lol thats a pretty sick knock off though

Already have a bike with a 19" wheel if you guys want to stay with a 10" rim go ahead I just see some benefits in tire choice going to a 12". If you want to stay true to the Fiddy stick to a 50cc engine I'm a known cheater that's why I have a 125cc bike.LOL.

The next thing RBracing will be complaining about are how hard the seats are on the PITSTER. don't want to damage his delicate rear end.

Damn straight that seat is hard. No ass jokes.