Sign in to follow this  

Miles per tank full

How many miles can I plan on getting out of the stock gas tank on a CRF250X? I was asked to go on a long ride, but I don't know if my bike can go that many miles.

I have hit 65 miles without switching to reserve. I regularly do 50-55 miles and have never hit reserve. Siphon hose a good idea though. That would be attached to my camelback if it came to that.

For easy-riding 250X number, once I went 108 miles to empty mostly riding on gravel and 2-track roads. I ran it completely dry then added the gas from my backpack.

I have ridden the same combination of dirt road and single track the last 2 weekends. Colsen Canyon through Kerry Canyon Trail and back in the Los Padres NF. 41 miles the 1st and 43 miles the 2nd. Used .9 gal the 1st and .95 gal the 2nd.

05 CRF250X w no jetting or engine mods.

50/50 trails and single track one day.

Totalled 73 miles and there was still some (not much) gas in the tank.

Dont know what I am doing wrong but on one ride I have got 100k's even and then had to switch to reserve.

I had just over 53 miles on it for a harescramble this summer did not have to use reserve (not like that does much for ya) but i had only about 6oz left in the tank. (glad they did not tell me to do another lap...lol)