Las Vegas question

Hi y'all!

I'm goin' to Vegas with my wife in a couple of weeks.

I wanto rent a Hog while I'm there.:banghead:

(We did it in Aruba, and it was a lot of fun).

So, any of youse have suggestions of where to go?

We'll obviously cruise up and down the "strip" once,

but are there other cool places to explore on a bike?

Is the Hoover Dam far from Vegas?

I think the rentals are either 9-5 or 24hrs straight.

I appreciate any feedback. :banghead:

-Ross

Valley of Fire loop would be cool. There's a lot of construction around the dam and big traffic jams so I wouldn't ride there. Ditto for the strip. It's gridlock almost 24/7. I saw several rear enders because people are too busy gawking and not watching where they're going. Also drivers getting pissed for having to wait for herds of pedestrians crossing against the light, then bombing through the intersection. Too risky on a bike, IMO.

I saw several rear enders because people are too busy gawking and not watching where they're going. Also drivers getting pissed for having to wait for herds of pedestrians crossing against the light, then bombing through the intersection. Too risky on a bike, IMO.

are you talking about daytime or nightime?

Red Rock is beautiful, you have to go on a ride out that way...its actually close enough to my house I can ride over there on my dirtbike, excelent trails...even better roads. You can rent Harley's from a bunch of places...most are conventiantly located on Las Vegas Boulevard.

They're not shown on the website, but you can rent Harley's at:

http://www.dreamcarrentals.com/locations.php

I second (3rd?) Valley of Fire. That place is a nice slow bike ride dream! I recommend you head to and around Lake Mead as well. Another nice riding road with plenty of places to stop and play tourist.

Red Rock [loop] is OK (and closer), but VofF is better.

Depending on how far you're willing to ride and how long you have the bike, ride to Death Valley NP. Now is the time to go. In the summer, it's simply too hot to do/see anything there.

Stay off the strip on the bike (or any bike). There are too many out-of-towners down there just to look around and not watching traffic. I stay away from there like it's the plague! If I have friends/family who want to see the Strip, I'll take my truck and have them sit in the bed. That way I can drive and they can look & take pictures / video all they want.

• 2 weeks later...