Supertrapp exhaust

No big problems really. You just have to fiddle with the right combination. I started with the 170 jet and 8-12 discs, but eventually dropped to a 160 jet and 8 discs. Now, it's perfect!

Strange...had my 650 set up the same way 160 and 8 discs. Awesome in the low and midrange but would not rev out.

Just switched to 170 and 12 discs so will soon find out.

Prefer less discs to keep it quieter.

Strange...had my 650 set up the same way 160 and 8 discs. Awesome in the low and midrange but would not rev out.

Just switched to 170 and 12 discs so will soon find out.

Prefer less discs to keep it quieter.

Double odd, I live in the North Georgia Mountains. Perhaps the elevation here requires a leaner jet, who knows?

i'm running a supertrapp ids2 with race core(not positive about the core, i got it used but i'm pretty sure that's what it is) and i have 12 discs in with a 152.5 mikuni main jet and it runs damn good... although i do find that it varies alot with the weather too, for example, throughout the summer and warmer months i could tell i needed to either drop the jetting down(warmer air is denser than colder air and therefore needs more air for the bigger jet) or open up the air box more(i opted to switch to a 147.5 mikuni main and it ran better) but now that it's getting colder out i have switched back to the 152.5 again and it's now running great but i'm pretty sure that come spring time(oh i can't wait already) i should be able to get away with opening the airbox up to compensate for the denser air without switching jets again. makes sense to me anyway, lol :applause: but oh yeah back on topic... i love my supertrapp :ride:

I went from DJ160 and 8 discs to 170 and 12 discs and it made no difference at the top end. Still slow to rev out, not sure why. Airbox mod and K&N should let it breathe. It revved up quicker with the stock 140!

Might be too rich, I'll do a plug chop to check.

However off idle and midrange are awesome!

00Buck:

Did you open the airbox after the re-jet and exhaust? It's just about mandatory!

Just as a quick check, take off your side panel and remove the airbox cover. Put the screws back in the nuts or you'll lose them. See how it runs then. This will tell you if you need to open her up. I suspect you'll rev out a lot better. I suspect your front wheel will try and become your rear wheel to so watch out. ;-)