New Pumpkin

Yesterday we mounted a steering damper and good tires on Cueballs bike.. Ready to roll.. A Moab trip and video is deffinately in order, plus we have a third Cannuk who wants to come. We have 2 helmet cams now so we can get even better coverage. cueball has been refining his editing skills.Moab 2002.. Yipee

It's true, I'm now orange! Well, I guess I should ride it at least once before I make that statement....if the snow ever melts up here.

So far I still have my WR, & keeping it for Moab does make some sense...but I'm thinking that once I'm used to the KTM I'll likely not want to KICK again.

Thumpertalk Moab 2002....kind of has a ring to it. This fall??? Octoberish??

Thumper D and Cueball,

It's Chris from '01 6-day of NC. Just wanted to say HI and let you know that I went from blue to orange as well. Truth is, blue is staying with me... She's too special to let go. However, it's not a marriage and faithfulness was not intended to be applied to machinery. I'd probably go red if she were under 200 lb. and had a button I could easily push to give me enjoyment.

LOL. ? I have the same feelings about my WR. Thanks to the guys on TT it is set up sweet and runs great. The WR is just an old work horse. I really love my KTM but I'll hang onto the WR just because I can't bring myself to sell it. :D

As you can probably tell, I am brand new to this website. I just wanted to let you know that you need to include me in any plans you have for Moab, since I own it... just kidding. It's funny, 20 years ago when I bought my first KTM, it was an event to write in my calendar when a KTM would show up in town. Now half the bikes I see are orange. Hope to see you when you come. How do you add the personal info at the bottom of replies?

You have made a great choice my friend. I was very tossed between blue & orange but now am completely sold on the choice I made. My "Bro" & I bought new bikes within the same week, me the 400 EXC & him the Yam 426 YF. Different bikes indeed. I had 2nd thoughts after seeing how it looked and the write ups I had read. After riding my bike for two weekends I jumped on his. "OH MY GOD" I thought when I twisted the throttle. Once I hit hit 5th gear I realized that his bike was a different machine, quicker, higher reving, ect..BUT we have the blessed 6th gear. Also our bikes quality is 2nd to none. I tried to get my partner to go for a hill climb but he declined because he didn't want to possibly stall and have to KICK START on a bad angle, and that leads me to my overall favorite feature. "THE BUTTON"!!! I have used this many times in tight situations and can see that my $$ is very well spent. Keep the BLUE but brag about the ORANGE!!

Good to hear from all of you!

Chris C, I'm in the same boat...loved the blue & may just keep it. She was always a first-kick starter & purrs like a kitten. How's your orange experience going?

Mike, I recall you scoping Darryl's KTM in Moab with an envious eye....no surprise that you made the move!

Paul, I know that we've had a few failed attempts at the Moab get-together...this time for sure. We'll keep you posted.

Hey ktmoabut I see from your profile you are another more-mature rider like myself. I look forward to riding with another from the same decade. EH In 2000 oct. thumpertalk ride I had the only pumpkin in the group, so I see the trend is "if you can't beat them, join them" Now I got Cueball on orange, we will work on his trials skills. EH (Canadian) ?

Hey Thumper Darryl, what's this about a thumper talk ride? Pardon my ignorance, but what is EH? I would look forward to a ride with you guys in Oct., but probably later on in the month. Usually the first week, I help with a four day ride that pretty well uses up my free time for the month, or at least the first two weeks. Last year we had a great time, 545 miles in four days, and not more that ten miles of pavement.