Sign in to follow this  

Riding this Sunday in Longview WA

Jake I hope you are comming. If you are, are you bringing Gabe?

It isn't looking so good. Gabe is sick and he backed out of the White Knuckle GP tomorrow and I am getting sick and riding the GP. I may not be functional on sunday. :applause:

Later,

Soooo what happened? :ride:

You left us hangin.

Later,

It all played out according to plan. She called me right before she came home to tell me she missed the bus and find out when the next bus was. I took advantage of the time to tell her not to get her hopes up, that only one guy called on her KLX and he said that he wasn't interested, that the others he saw were in much better shape and were selling for less. I followed up by telling her that every KX100 I called on was either sold or they were wanting at least $2500 for it.

So after she got to the Vancouver bus stop allready bummed for missing the bus and finding out she may not get a new bike for a while and would have to start saving some money up I told her I was starving and that she needed to cook me a steak, that I was getting a little irratable about it since she was home late for missing the bus. This was the hardest part to pull off since it was so out of character, it's not like I've ever said "woman, cook me dinner" before but I tried using the irratable from not eating bit to pull it off and she was getting pissed enough she fell for it, hook, line, and sinker. On the way home I could tell she was just where I wanted her because she was good and quiet, just about ready to burst and lay into me but not quite there. Let's call it...simmering :p

I suggested we swing home before going to the store to get some steaks, following the same train of thought, I told her if she fired up the grill before we went to the store it would be warm when we got back. I pretended to wait in the car while she started the grill but after she went in I snuck in behind her. That was my big mistake, I should have ran out back so I could have seen the look on her face when she saw the bike but it was nearly as good when she turned around.

There I was, with a big smile replacing the grumpy look I'd been sporting since she got home, she had that classic Punk'd look on her face and started laughing. You know the look, the one where she rewinds the past couple of hours events in her head and starts saying "So when you...crap....that was all part of this....damn..."

She mentioned afterwords that initially she thought me demanding dinner was a little weird but I was following it up so well she just thought I was being particularly dickish and that I pushed it just far enough, she said an inch more and she was about to start fighting with me but it was mellow enough and weird enough that she just sat there silently, obviously pissed but not quite to the breaking point.

After I explained the master plan to her I topped it off by revealing not only what my plan was, but that I had outlined the whole thing two hours earlier on thumpertalk. I bet she's reading this today (Hi Margie!).

And the best part was after she thanked me profusely and got finished checking out her new toy, I did end up getting that steak :applause:

It isn't looking so good. Gabe is sick and he backed out of the White Knuckle GP tomorrow and I am getting sick and riding the GP. I may not be functional on sunday. :applause:

Later,

You're sick, Gabe's sick. Damnit, I'm sick of your excuses, get your asses out there Sunday!

Well, maybe that wouldn't be the smartest thing to do but if you guys don't come out how am I ever going to get my bike up the hills?

Good luck in the GP and I hope you guys are feeling up to riding again soon.

It all played out according to plan....

he's right, it was such a well executed plan, even I had to give him props after I was done going back and forth between screaming about the bike then hitting him :ride:

but now i'm getting on here so you won't be able to anything past me anymore.

you're on notice!!! :applause:

Sounds like the plan worked perfectly. :applause:

When I surprised my wife with her brand new 4 wheeler she ended up in tears. :ride: We were suposed to be at the hospital to see her grandma who was fading really fast. I told her I had to go to the dump and went up and picked up her 4 wheeler instead. That made me late because it took longer than expected by like an hour so she was already pissed. When I tried to get her to go out to the barn to "look at my brothers truck" she was really pissed. :p When she saw the 4 wheeler she instantly started crying, not exactly the reaction I was looking for.

Oh the memories.

Later,

he's right, it was such a well executed plan, even I had to give him props after I was done going back and forth between screaming about the bike then hitting him :p

but now i'm getting on here so you won't be able to anything past me anymore.

you're on notice!!! :p

I am going to have to ask you to show your thumper ID card. And it better not have 2 stroke oil residue on it. :ride:

Welcome aboard Miss Black. :applause:

Later,

who is all comming tomorow?

Where: TUBO's house

When: 9:00 am ( will try to be on time this time) LOL

Let me know.

Margie and I will be there.

Thanks all for showing up. We had a nice ride up at TUBO's house. It was only around 15 miles, but was so slick and nasty that it seemed like 40.

We got to see lots of roosted bikes. Toby got me very roosted after taking aim at some one else and I rode right into it. Thanks Jesusrides2. You will get yours next time.

I also have to add this for the laughter from the guy who this is about. (I will let him say who he is) I had to ride a green bike up a hill for some one. It was the slickest hill we came too. It was sort of short but just real steep. I rode a CRF150 up it, my KTM and a KLX300. Tubo got to ride his old XR280 and his new KTM up it. I wonder which one he preferred? All of us had a blast.

Hope to do it again soon.

Thanks all for showing up. We had a nice ride up at TUBO's house. It was only around 15 miles, but was so slick and nasty that it seemed like 40.

We got to see lots of roosted bikes. Toby got me very roosted after taking aim at some one else and I rode right into it. Thanks Jesusrides2. You will get yours next time.

I also have to add this for the laughter from the guy who this is about. (I will let him say who he is) I had to ride a green bike up a hill for some one. It was the slickest hill we came too. It was sort of short but just real steep. I rode a CRF150 up it, my KTM and a KLX300. Tubo got to ride his old XR280 and his new KTM up it. I wonder which one he preferred? All of us had a blast.

Hope to do it again soon.

"Tubo" prefered the KTM. Here are a few pics from the area we rode. They are not from this weekend, but the people were pretty much the same.

WrongLine.jpg

RedHill.jpg

NewTrail4.jpg

NewTrail3.jpg

MoreSingleTrack.jpg

Group.jpg

TheLookout.jpg

For Jesse (From Bradley Ride):

BradleyFog.jpg

Hey, I live in Vancouver, how do I get in on the fun? Always looking for someone to ride with on week days.

I always post riding info here. Not sure what is planned for next weekend. It will be on Sunday. I am thinking Bradley trails.

Hey, I live in Vancouver, how do I get in on the fun? Always looking for someone to ride with on week days.

Keep your eyes on this forum, Jesse usually starts organizing early in the week. Most of us are the M-F guys though so weekends are our riding days. Not everyone is as lucky as you. :ride:

Where exactly is Vancouver, Oregon? :applause:

Later,

OK I confess. After 34 years of dirtbiking, I finally had to let someone else ride my bike up the bloody hill. Fine now its out and yes I'm still adjusting to this new unfortunate fact. However, it was a blast and due to the slickness, a challange. All involved had a good time and Kudos must be given to Toby for being the host. He did a great job of looking out for all. So now can we get everyone to Tahuya in Dec?

So now can we get everyone to Tahuya in Dec?

Just post when. :applause: