Works Performance Shock

I have ridden both the 150 and a 230 with the works shock.

It is nothing like the BBR spring, it is more like full motocross suspension yet a little better. The sad part is you will never balance the front to match the rear. Unless you buy upside down forks for the front.

Evaluate how much longer you are going to be on the 230, if you are going to a 250X anytime soon I would forego the shock.

I wondered about the front becoming an issue with the addition of the rear shock.

What I'm hearing is that it's not worth upgrading the rear shock because it causes the front end to have issues. Hence, it's better to upgrade to a four stroker 250 then to dump more money into the 230. That makes sense. :applause:

I would not go that far... the 150 and 230 can be made into great trail bike with a works shock and a few front end mods... I have the works shock and so do many others... I personally used the cr85 front end.. but we have another guy who used the stock front end with some typical mods... and he loves it... good luck!

Nice street bike choice also! You need to spice it up a bit and throw a NRHS 88 BBkit at it:-)

What I'm hearing is that it's not worth upgrading the rear shock because it causes the front end to have issues. Hence, it's better to upgrade to a four stroker 250 then to dump more money into the 230. That makes sense. :applause:

Don't applaud too quickly ... If you do Toast's Forks 101 you'll be a much happier person ... WITH the Works shock.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1940565#post1940565

:ride:

I'll try the mods per the "toast" link and see how the front feels. The BBR springs were just too hard and the stocker springs were too soft.

Are the CR85 USD forks possible on the 230 given the 21 inch wheel?

As for the comment on the XB, I absolutely love the bike. It's the perfect street bike due to the power characteristics.

Good luck on the !50 suspension mods...

On the Buell note... it is far from perfect until you get it around 130 hp:-)

J/K... XB's are great bikes... I just happen to have a tuber that rocks my world!

Have you ever been to Homecoming... do you hang out on the badwetherbikers site?

Chat later!