booby traps in pa.

SHEEDEVIL--Nobody here has advocated riding on or vandalizing other peoples private property---although you cleary stated you would like an invitation to do so. Your beef is with me choosing to ride on state land, and I understand that. Lets leave it at that. Your focus has wandered on to issues that nobody even mentioned. Discussing the removal of an obvious trap, designed to intentionally hurt someone, does not even come close to paralleling vandalism, breaking and entering etc... that you mentioned. Apples and oranges my friend. As for your desire to march to Harrisburg and get bikes further banned, THEY ALREADY ARE!! I hope you don't feel bad when a bunch of state employees laugh at you for printing off screen shots of an internet forum and use them for whatever agenda you have planned.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is from the ecea site from denny mann Would someone that is a member of Thumper Talk tell this guy he was riding on South Enduro Rider's turf and we will resolve the hazard without mentioning his name. But we can't do anything without details and I would hate it if one of our members got hurt if it could have been prevented. So have the author go to http://groups.msn.com/southpennenduroriders/_whatsnew.msnw

and contact us ASAP or someone could get hurt!

Hey 40, I'm always looking for new material too and this thread is providing a great deal for when I sit in on meetings in harrisburg with DCNR, SAAC, and PAHOV.

Also providing me with a great deal of ammunition to present to legislators as more reason to ban bikes (as much as I love my two wheels) on state land.

If ya'll feel that stringing up a cable to provide one a means by which to keep yahoos (yes, they give all of us a bad name and ruin it for all) off private land is a crime, think about the illegality your part of when riding on that land. If ya'll feel that disrespecting anothers possessions is a vehicle by which to gain land to ride on, you're sorely mistaken.

What say you guys, who feel this land owner, or govt. body wants people off the property, give me and others your address so we can come up with a few friends and turf your lawn. We'll bring bolt cutters to cut locks or cables on your garages and sheds and a slide hammer to break the locks. Then we'll trash your possessions. You game or just TALK??? You wanna blow wind or put your money where your mouth is? If you are an honorable person and not a hypocrite, then you'll oblige this request. I am quite sure you won't oblige and, are, therefore, just hypocrites. It's ok for you to carry out your game but when another games you, all bets are off.

Why get peeved over someone wishing to protect their possessions? That is, after all, what it boils down to, isn't it?

My family and friends families have opened up many acres of our private land here in PA for responsible people to ride on. We issues them permits, they police the land and clean up after themselves. Sure glad some of you aren't on that list.

Oh, and to the person who called me SheeFaggot. That's mighty creative. Got more or are you other thoughts lonely becuase that was the only one keeping them company? If I see your creative mind wandering out on the trails, I'll send it back to you....It's too young to be out on its own.

HEY CAPTAIN RETARD, YEAH YOU. IF BIKES ARE ALREADY BANNED ALL YOUR INPOTENT WHINING IS GOING TO DO IS MAKE EM MORE LIKELY TO SAY EFF THE QUADS TOO. MONGOLOID

you know what the difference between a fence is and a wire??? you can see a fence coming or even a big heavy chain is more visible than a wire brother... but a wire is put up to kill, hurt or mame someone PERIOD!!! and that is the point here, not who rides what where(that seems like a whole other thread) although i'm very dissapointed to find a fellow TT'er fighting the bad fight against bikes... shame on you, shame shame...

I think this post has gone way off topic with the Bike VS Quad issues... Who cares what we ride 2 or 4 wheels, the point is some tree huggin ass, is hangin wires in trails... Intentions of hurting someone... Thats the issue at hand... Even if a guy is riding in off limits woods, that dont make it ok to try to kill someone...

This would definitely be negligence and pre meditated assualt or even murder. I guess Shedevil wouldn't mind it if the cops came around at night undetected and loosened the lug nuts on her car so that her wheels would come off if she exceeded the speed limit. The punishment must fit the crime or else it is "cruel and unsusal."

They really should be sent to jail to meet big bubba. Sick a holes have to know that someones gonna get seriously hurt on these things. Some set up punji sticks under a pile of branches where I used to ride. Thats seriously ill.

and the child molesters should be released into general population at prisons but we know that wont happen :applause:

Wow! What a bunch of useless biccoring!

Any land owner in his/her right mind would not string up 3/8" cable across a trail to keep people out! A responsable land owner would post a sign in the middle of the trail or use something that can be seen and not infilct injury to someone wheather they should be there or not by whatever means, bike, quad, mtn bike or simply running!

:applause:

i think someone needs a cookie and quiet time,,,, ?? a guy asks a serious question and gets bashed,,,booby traps r only good for holding boobies not hurting anyone, :applause: guess everyone needs to check and see just how old they really r,,,,ive rode where i wasnt suppose to before and i know everyone else has also,,,,well i dont think shedevil [isnt a shedevil a transvestite ? ]ever has,,, :ride:

i ride with quads and bikes and hope they dont show there rath with me ?

rogerklx

I've broken multiple strands of fishing line with a chest protector and another time just ducked in time, just barely.....

turns out they were punk kids trying to steal someone's bike by hurting them, they were hiding in the weeds with clubs and bats...

My friends stayed in the car but I decided to confront all at once, they were nothing as I went to the biggest one and grabbed the club and flung it. Wish I could have kicked some a but they were probably 17 so I did not want to get in trouble....

I gave them a long lesson in responsibility, getting a job... basically made them all feel like the piece of s they were....

I've broken multiple strands of fishing line with a chest protector and another time just ducked in time, just barely.....

turns out they were punk kids trying to steal someone's bike by hurting them, they were hiding in the weeds with clubs and bats...

My friends stayed in the car but I decided to confront all at once, they were nothing as I went to the biggest one and grabbed the club and flung it. Wish I could have kicked some a but they were probably 17 so I did not want to get in trouble....

I gave them a long lesson in responsibility, getting a job... basically made them all feel like the piece of s they were....

:applause:

Hey Roger,

In my 37 years of riding and racing I've ridden places I'm not supposed to. I do, however, NOT ride where a land owner wishes to be respected. Cable, fence, signage.....Whatever. It doesn't matter. If it's in the open it's there for a reason.The POINT to all this is that land is being taken away from us quickly for reasons mentioned in this thread. I don't always want to ride on a track with my bikes or my quads. I want massive hillclimbs and scenery in the woods with techinical challenge. Thankfully, with the group I ride with, bikes and quads, we have have many, MANY miles of those kinds of trails. FREE... We have negotiated with land owners for permission and permits. When we come across bung holes, we have them arrested. Quite simple. Play nice, ride free. Hope that's not to complicated a theory.

I've strung cable with flags across access to my land and other families land in central Pa. And we are WLL within our rights to do so because it does not constitute negligence. Hiding them is a different story. Fortunately, a few bills in congress will ban frivilous law suits. IE..the ones brought about by criminals who are somewhere they are not supposed to be. That will make it harder for butt heads to take any civil action against a land owner. Read more about the ammendments to the Land Owner Held Harmless Act. Another peice of info you might want to read up on is the Federal Tort Claims Act. If the cable in question was on Govt owned, leased or managed land and you get hurt, the FTCA makes it impossible to sue the govt. This is why the "liability excuse" PGC and DCNR hands us is bogus. I know this because I am Govt.

98 Banshee

89 250R Four Trax

85 200X

05 CRF450R

Creaky,

I ride bikes as well as quads. I want more land opened for them as well as for ATV's. As for sending the thread to friends in Harrisburg, (PAOHV, SAAC, DCNR and other friends) I already have and it's not to get bikes banned. It is to strengthen the ATV cause. If it forces me to ride my bikes on a track, then so be it. Right not I have many miles of free land to ride on, including technical woods to massive hill climbs that will not be taken from us. It also presents opportunity for bike riders to band together to make market their ideas and present solutions. I plan on rallying harrisburg next summer with, so far, 3000 riders comitted. Bikes and Quads. As riders we need to be cohesive, not fragmented. In doing so we have to play by the rules to get what we want.

As for looking like whatever you mentioned in the eyes of state govt...I am federal govt. and have been for 20 years. I know how to play their game.

Sheedevil,

Again, you come to darken my screen in this forum. Do you not read the response's of your own threatening, self-righteous and hysterical past posts?

Perhaps you have become the very "bung hole" that you have set out to destroy. Here's your chance for redemption. Please explain this, as if you were an "ambassador to the sport".

Why would someone who has ridden where she's not suppose to, threaten to turn someone else in to authorities, by using their IP address, for doing the same?

Why would you tell someone they "are asking for trouble", if they cut a cable down, in public land that is designed to hurt someone?

SHEEDEVIL----Take your soapbox somewhere else. I started this thread to warn folks about a potential hazard. You say this thread is "strengthening the atv cause". How in the hell does this thread accomplish that?! This thread is nothing but an internet pissing contest---which you turned it to. Your federal credentials don't impress me. I work for DHS. I know how the system works, or better yet, does not work. My pop and uncle are county planners, my wife is a county water nazi. Another uncle works for the state tax office. My sister-in-law is retained as councel for another county. My dog licks his butt and so does my cat. What does this all mean? Be careful, there are people who will string cables across trails, and worse, people who will defend them.

Some guys tries to warn people top be careful when riding in an area, (albeit an illegal place) then it turns into a quad vs bike war and some self rightous 4 wheel loving (but I ride a bike too...) chick emails this tread to bike hating, tree hugging, political butt kissing people to further destroy the reputation of law abiding, responsable off roaders and strenghtening the stero type that all off roaders are tresspassing, eco-terrorists.... In my option Quads do more damage per square foot because of their wider and 2 extra tires and THEY sould be banned everywhere, just like New Jersey did... Furthermore isn't true that 9 out of 10 quad riders, wear John Deer baseball caps backwards for head protection, carry 48 quart coolers strapped to the rear rack full of refreshments (aka. Budwiser), have self installed rifle holders to carry that "extra fun" into the woods while they are getting drunk, mostly ride strickly in wetland sesative areas so they can go "muddin".... With a passenger on the back..... Hope your friends in Harrisburg understand this is more typical then the illegal trail riders... Oh yea... the other 1 out of 10 quad riders I normally see is the really young kids, trying to keep up to his drunk dad in the woods at high speeds on his dads old quad which is extremely too fast, powerful and large for him, without proper saftey gear or experience for it either......

Sheedevel is a tree hugger, she does not owns any motorized off hiway vehicles, she is egging everyone on to get more "ammo" to present to the state...

Ban her add her to your ignore list......