'Berg 4-stroke vs. KTM 2-stroke

? Oh No! I'll never hear the end of this!

I had the opportunity to ride an '06 Husaberg FE450 over the weekend. It felt lighter than my 300, turned better, it was more nimble & needed less input, and was better suspended. Ugh! :applause:

Now I've yet to ride a '06 KTM 300 XC to give it an accurate comparison, but I'm mildly upset. My biggest issue was landing off a jump. The 'berg felt light as a feather and landed with a cush! My KTM felt like a stone in comparison.

Now I love my 2-stroke. I love my green sticker. But tell me I don't have to spend $7000 to buy a new 'berg. I can re-valve & re-spring my boingers can't I? I'll have to go the cheap way for now, $600 at Dick's Racing for new boingers............... :ride:??

OTD 8k for an 06, 7k for an 05. MotoXotica has or will have several 2005 Fe450e bikes at reduced prices. If you or any other 2 strokers want back in thumperland, may as well go with THE lightest E start thumper available.

my tire muffler rub is due to the euro tree hugger rear tire they have to use to satisfy euro recycle laws. It has extreme wide outside knobs. MotoXotica is giving me a new rear tire of my choice free.

why not apply that $600.00 toward a new Berg and sell that gas guzzling 300?

my 300 gets 30-ish mpg, even ridden like a maniac.

so you only have 05 450's? not 550's? :applause:

just as well, i don't have any spare cash til after xmas anyway, and it would be foolish to buy a new bike right before we get snowed in here.

mw

we have 450s and 550s for 2005.we have 2006 bikes also.my friend kevin anderson had a 2001 ktm 300 mxc.he had a big gas tank on it ,over 3 gal.he ran out of gas at an enduro at stoneyford at about 43 grond miles. he later purchased a couple of small ktm fuel tanks that fit sort of in front of the radiators to carry more fuel,something like 4 gal total.i talked to a couple people with rather new 300s and they have been pleased with the fuel consumption.they seems to be saying that all is good once you lean the heck out of them.my tm 300 needs to be jetted real lean also or it is blubbery.my husaberg 400 can go over 80 miles at a good clip on its 2.4 gal tank~35 miles per gal.at 8 lbs /gal carrying lots of fuel ,up high relly makes a bike feel like a pig.IMO most 2 strokes get about 22 to 27 miles /gal.seems like mx bikes are on the low end and trail bikes seem to be better.altho i am sure i can get alot of disagreement here.seems to me when i have ridden with suzuki and honda owners there always seems to be fuel issues.dan.

Dan,

Forget the gas! I get 60 miles out of my stock 2.9 gallon tank. I know what it will do. It took me 3 months to work out the correct jetting. Damn 2-strokes!

Knowlege is power!

What I can't get over is the cushyness of the ride on that Husaberg. The previous owner had my shocks re-sprung & re-valved in 2003. Now I'm a heavier camper......... but I never bottom out....... it's too harsh........ too high in the stroke........... :applause:

I'll let Dicks Racing work his magic............ugh!

In the mean time......... I'm lurking at www.husaberg.org trying to learn a few things. Saving my pennies. I'll be in your shop soon. Maybe Santa will me good to me next year? :ride: