Sign in to follow this  

Athena Kit Installed

I had my Athena 435 kit installed at the local Suzuki shop. Bought from Lukes Racing. The bike feels great, lot's of snap and torque. The mechanics really liked the Athena kit. I had them replace intake valves and exhaust valves and springs. Anyone thinking about doing this I would definitely say yes. Really wakes up the bike.

did it make your bike any louder? i could swear that when we did that to my dad's bike (439 kit) it made it a whole lot louder. maybe i'm just crazy. but you're right about the power, the torque is awesome!

I might be able to with the recent accident!! :applause:

I'm not going to push it though...but the one good thing that comes out of an accident that isn't your fault...the money. (And of course your life when on a motorcycle)

Cool deal....I am installing my Athena kit, Keihin FCR, Hotcams Stage 2 in and ex cams, and MCCT this weekend. I can't wait. I hope the power improvement will be noticeable.

Yeah, the bike is a little louder. Not annoying or anything. Just louder and a lot faster. Can't wait for spring already. It's 17 degrees here right now!!!!

Mkinser,

You are putting a lot of time and money into your motor. While you are in there replace the stock valves with one piece stainless valves, especially with both Hotcams going in. It would be a shame to have a stock valve let go and destroy all your efforts.

Will do. I am going to break in the stuff this next week and then I will order some valves. Any ideas on brand / supplier / cost?

It was 50 degrees here in South Dakota today so I took the bike out for a run. I haven't been hammering on it with the new bore kit because the mechanic told me to break it in. But today I opened it up and rode it like it was stolen. First of all, if you are thinking about doing a bore kit on the DRZ400 quit thinking about it and do it. It absolutely rocks. The bike kicks ass in the first 3 gears. It just wants to rip the tires off. I am more impressed than I thought i would be. My advice to anyone with a stock DRZ400 who is looking for more; I would get the Yosh pipe, Hot cam intake cam and the Athena big bore kit. You will have a monster on your hands. I can't wait to take it up in the mountains. Sorry for this long post but I can't say enough about the "new" bike.

OT:bonk:

damn its been around 80 degrees here for the past week

what part of california are you located?

we've been having awesome weather

I got the Athena bore kit from Lukes Racing. Just google Lukes Racing and you should find them. They are great to deal with. The kit costs $500 bucks and you have to send them your old cylinder or they charge you an extra $200. The Athena kit comes with a brand new cylinder, piston, gaskets, etc...

I had my local Suzuki mechanic do the install and put in new intake and exhaust valves and new springs. Total cost for install was a little over $300. In my opinion it's worth the money and makes the bike very enjoyable.

I'm putting a 435 kit in there only not from Athena it is the Lukes Racing one I am waiting for my crankshaft to come back to me and my one piece valves hopefully my bike will be running again soon.