Sign in to follow this  

2 Smokey 96 CR126

Hi I have a 96 Cr125 , and well been kinda stumped on why she smokes so much now. I just got my JD Jetting kit I was running first a 165 jet 3 clip when i bought the bike the guy had in it would foul out my Ngk Iridum plugs in no time. This was in Indiana where i bought the bike i now Live in florida and i blew the bike up a while ago and had put new wisco crank and new rings and pistons, But now the bike smokes like crazy i run 32:1 mix im using just this tank Honda s HP2 , but i usally run KLOTZ TechniPlate same mix 32:1. I then switched my Main jet to a 158 stock needle and 3 rd clip, and it still runs rich and when i turn my air pilot screw it revs way high.could this be a Air leak somewhere? Not sure on that and how to check since i got motor reassemmbed.

So i bought the Jd Kit and he told my to run the Red Needle run on 3 rd clip and run 170 Main jet. Ok i did that today and air screw out 1 3/4 turns boy it started up and was Reved like Crazy at the air screw at that and was still smoky. I then turned my screw down mybe out 1/2 turn and she started to Idle good. Im goona take the bike out for a run Tomm see how it runs but my question is should i be running at only 1/2 turn out that is way rich correct? and JD did say i could Try 2ND clip position this will make her a bit leaner correct if that dont help should i go lower main jet again and stick with the red needle or white ? I will be moving back to Indiana soon but i realize i would have to make Jetting chages maybe when i get back up there but let me Know what you guys think. And ohh i think i go mix up some new Klotz Clean burn techni plate i always thought the Honda HP2 ran Oily. Ok let me know thanx Liquide out

I'm not a jetting genius. But 32:1 sounds kinda rich try 40:1. If you think you have a crank seal leaking it will never stop smoking. If you are running everything the same after all your repairs "or if you are slowly losing crankcase oil mysteriously" I would suspect you have a seal leak or a leak where the cases mate. If you feel that you may have a seal or case leak you need to preform a leak down test. I would recommend obtaining a shop manual before preforming this test.

I think i might try the blue needle and 170 main and well my pilot is 50 this is what jd jetting said to try at first however my slide is a 5.0 they asked if it was a 6.0 , so in that case jd said to use the red needle for leaner , however at 1 3/4 turns out she reved to no end. but as i came in with the air screw the rev went way down like 1/4 turn out it was good. any suggestions anyone thanx

Hello Burned I just rebuilt the bottom end of this bike new main bearings new wiseco crankshaft it has less then 2 hours on it and also it has fresh topend new ring and wiseco piston so i cant understand how that could be how can i check to see if my crank seal is sealed right and how it could be leaking tranny fluid into there thanx

ah,well that points to another issue ive seen many times.

its really easy to get the center case gasket mis aligned and have a trans oil leak directly into the motor.

did it smoke like this before you did all the work?

Burned, no it never smoked likes this before , so this could be the cause so are you saying to break the case and replace the case gasket again. boy this sucks if it is damn aint easy breaking the case open. Ok well maybe after all this it isnt a jetting issue. ok ill check the alignment of the case gasket. ill let you know i had a Professional put in my crank and seal the bottom end of my case I do the topend rebuilds the bottom is tough with all the tranny gears.

ok ill let you know , also I dont think a dirty silencer packing would make it smoke either i need to replace the packing on my silencer. Ok thanx

Ok ill get new gasket and break case and reseal ok thanx for the tips. which means now damn ill have to pull Motor again ahhh welll im getting good at that LOL thanx again

Does a Leak down tester test for those kind of leaks or just a air leak please advise thanx