Sign in to follow this  

Best way to get the carb out?

What's the best way to get the carb out of the DRZ to work on it? About to install a jet kit but looks like a pain! Any help would be great!!! :applause:

I had the same question about 3 weeks ago when I rejetted my carb. Many of the guys here pointed me to the search feature on this site. It works great! Do a little search and you will find many many helpfull tips to pull a carb. You might not even need to pull it at all if you just need to change the jetting!

And remember there is the Wrong way to do somthing and then theres "Burned's" way of doin it!

Remove the mid and rear mounting bolts for the exhaust, then remove the top sub-frame bolt.

The sub-frame will then swing down and back, pivoting on the lower bolts.

Do not push it down too far as it will put a strain on the rear brake reservoir.

But this will give enough room to easily remove the carb without a fight.

Neil. :applause::ride::p

is it possible to install the jd stage 1 kit without removing the whole carb from the bike then !!! i all ready have the fuel screw plug out. i did it without removing the carb.

I did it without removing the Carb. I just loosened the clamps on each end of the carb and rotated it out so I could install the needle.. then rotated it the other way to install the jet :applause: