Sign in to follow this  

No fire!

We bought our 11 year old son a Flywing 100 cc dirt bike with a 4-stroke engine. It is a Chinese made bike. We didn't want to spend a lot money for his first bike, so we opted to go this route. When the bike runs, it runs great. The problem is getting it to run! The bike was running fine. We shut it off and the next day tried to start it again and it would it not start (had no fire). We took it in to a shop and they played around with it (disassembled and reassembled it, as apparently it wasn't put together correctly by the place with purchased it from). We took it home and it ran like a champ for awhile. The bike died and it has not started again (has no fire). We took it back to the shop and they are at a loss also. We have tried replacing the CDI unit, but still no fire. The guys at the shop say that the coil appears to be fine. Any suggestions??

did the tag where it says made in china, also state " good for one ride" Haha.. but i really dont know how to help ya there. sorry. :applause:

I would say make shure the gas cap is vented i know some of those jap bikes aren't my friend had one and that was the reason for it not fireing.

thats why you dont buy those bikes...but we all learn somehow, shoulda looked around for a used xr100 or somin...sorry to hear about the bike

I had no spark on my crf450. My stator ohmed within specs. I tried looking at peek voltage of the stator on my lab scope but it was inconclusive. By way of elimination I changed it anyway and it fixed it.

:applause: Is getting your money back an option? If not, what about a shop manual? If no manual for trouble shooting the I would replace the stator as mentioned above. You may also want to replace the spark plug wire ... it might be broken inside the covering.

TOG

When you say had no fire, did you pull the plug out and try to see if it arced when grounding the electrode? Are you sure there's no spark or does the bike just not start.

Sounds like a dead short. Look for a different place to ground the system - and rip the kill switch off.

try that

are you sure this shop knows what there doing?, they should be able to fix the problem or at the very least source the problem and let you know what it is.

bultacko206 might be right though:)

does it have elctric start? The battery or starter could be the problem. Did you get water somewere it wasn't supposed to be (in the fuel), maybe very bad jetting.

just some thoughts...

Have checked the gas cap, it is vented. According to the shop, they checked the stator and it is good, but perhaps we should replace it. They also took off the kill switch, still nothing. I'm not sure whether the spark plug arced or not. Not sure the shop knows what it is doing, either! The bike is kick start, no battery or starter. I don't think water in the gasoline is an issue as it hasn't ran long enough to pick up any water!! We will try replacing the spark plug wire and grounding to a different place. I really appreciate everyone's help.

P.S. - as for buying a Chinese made bike - we were told by some people that it was a "Honda knock-off" and Honda parts would fit it. Where are those people now????

I Would Say That The Shop You're Taking It To Is Lieing To You They Know Exactly Whats Going On They Are Just Trying To Make A Buck Off You. That's Why When I Get A Prob With My Bike I Try To Fix The Prob My Self Or Figure It Out Before I Take It To The Local Cycle Shop.

We've decided to go pick up the bike and try some of these suggestions ourselves. I don't know if they are lying at they shop, but I do have my doubts about their abilities!! Again, thanks for everyone's help. Hopefully my son will be able to enjoy his new bike soon. It's been very disappointing for an 11 year old boy!

Stay away from the glass & chrome franchised dealers and find a good local independent guy - the kind of place that looks like hole and the dude is his own employee.

These kids in the shops of Mega Dealer have no clue if it's not listed in a manual.