Boise riding

You can head to 6th St. in Boise, it has alot of trail's that head's up towards Bogus Basin. Only problem is you have to go up high enough into the hills to get past the mountain biker's, i would say about half way up to miss most of them, that would be a good start.

Another good spot is Idaho City, it's a few hour drive from Boise but it's worth it. I'm currently stationed in Japan right now so i can't tell you if there is snow up there or what the weather's done to some of the trail's, but there's plenty of beautiful country to look at.

I vacationed there with my bike (and wife). There is alot of riding in the area, from desert to mountain trails. As I recall, Idaho City was only about 30-40 minutes from Boise, and the riding area we went to nearest Boise was on 8th Ave. We also rode the desert out past Nampa. Great place for riding. Ask someone at a bike shop there. Everyone was real friendly and helpful, a lot of good folks there.

Yeah sorry about that i meant 8th st. I heard Idaho City has some snow right now. There's a landfill out past Nampa that has some pretty good riding. Reynolds Creek is a wide open spot with lost of trails and hills to ride on, i believe it's out by Murphy.

Just visiting Idaho, something close, easy to find and great riding, I would second Danskin trails. On a quick google search this is what I came up with for details. Click on number #5 or you could google for some more info. This place is great for close trail riding. You could never ride all the trails on your visit.

Danskin trails