Sign in to follow this  

Is it just me?

or did all of you have a very hard time picking a new bike? i have been tooling around on my dads rm250 lately and i love it. i am now looking for a bike for myself and i cant decide, i want to try out a 4stroke, but im not quite shure i will like it as much as his 250. and i cant decide between a 250 or 450 if i do get a 4stroke. i want a 450 but i dont know if i will be able to use its full potential, compared to the 250f. i am 165 5'7". what do you guys think?

Not to say that you are a bad rider, but I don't think you will be able to use all of the 250fs potential either unless you are an AMA pro. So don't be afraid of the 450. It just might take some time adapting to it. All it needs is a little respect. 250Fs do too, just not as much.

I guess i should not have said it that way, i mean that i will most likely be able to use more of the 250f's potential than the 450. i do agree that the 450 would take some time to get used to if that was the chosen one

so what do you think, ride a 250f and have fun from the begining and buy a 450 later, or buy a 450 now and spend time to get used to it?

open desert trails and dunes. i hardly ever ride tight woods and things like that, that is why i was leaning towards the 450, and i am at about 5,000' alt. so that may tame town the 450 some

im not to sure how the altitude thing works, we don't have to deal with it down here in AUS, but i would have to say you would be more suited to the 450- a 250 four stroke really does not have enough "go" for open dunes and desert riding, as long as your a compitant rider....you ride your dads 250 2 stroke, so you should be right on a 450, the 4 stroke thing doesn't take long to get used to, especially in the sort of riding you do, it's a bit more of a learning curve in the tight stuff.but still not to bad.

if you are seriuos about a 4 stroke take a good look at all of them and weigh up the pro's and con's of them all , personnaly i like KTM's , but there's alot of good 450's on the market.

if you havn't riden a 4 stroker before youl be surprised how much youl like it, they have heaps of torque, and climb dunes very well.

450s take some getting used to the power is always on demand and 450s are a lot snappier then a 250F. id say geta 450 for what you are doing.

thanks for the replies. i was thinking about the 250f in the dunes and all, and it did not seen that great of an idea, and every time i think about it the 450 seems more suitable for me, now i begin my search for a 450!