Sign in to follow this  

clear creek conditions?

How are they? anyone ride there this week?

thinking of going friday just wondering how the dirt is... :applause::ride:

PLACE is empty! rode 3 days sun -tues. It's dry, main jeep rd trails are somewhat dusty, no dust on the more narrow trails and no dust on the rabbit hole tight single track trails either, great fun GO 4 IT!

PLACE is empty! rode 3 days sun -tues. It's dry, main jeep rd trails are somewhat dusty, no dust on the more narrow trails and no dust on the rabbit hole tight single track trails either, great fun GO 4 IT!

thank's bob. :applause: man I sure miss that place

feel free to expand on you r ride report got any pics? :ride:

do you live in CA ? its dry ---have you seen any rain? :applause:

do you live in CA ? its dry ---have you seen any rain? :ride:

:applause: This question is for people that have been there this week :lol: have you? :p I'll do the rain :p and let you know.

I have to develop my pictures, gxsrjaon, his alabama visitor friend and fremontles had 2 great days. Les allmost killed me but we lived. then i allmost kilt me but I lived.

report will be up later this week.

I have to develop my pictures, gxsrjaon, his alabama visitor friend and fremontles had 2 great days. Les allmost killed me but we lived. then i allmost kilt me but I lived.

I am pleased to report that I had the honor of being roosted on by the venerable bigbob AND fremontguy at Clear Creek on Sunday. It was a perfect day weather wise and the dust wasn't too bad off of the main roads. This was my first time there and I loved it.:p

I rode with Bob and Tom in the morning doing mostly double track, and FremontLes in the afternoon. Les does like to ride difficult tight single track and Sunday was no exception. I really enjoyed having him lead me around the place following him through goat trails - no make that rabbit trails. I gained a lot of confidence seeing him do it first. Hey, if he can do it, I can do it - even if I am on a 320lb DRZ400S :p Thanks guys for showing me around.:applause:

Clear Creek is my new favorite place to ride but I think I will wait for a little rain before I go again. I'm not a big fan of inhaling asbestos in large quantities and there are some high concentration areas where that white dust gets kicked up by lead riders. Much less of a concern when the ground is moist or you are in the lead position. I'm unsure if there are any real health risks but I'd rather play it safe now than sorry later. A large portion of the area map describes the asbestos "problem" and precautions to take such as washing your vehicle before returning home, washing clothes separately, etc. Maybe they are just covering their butts but it makes you wonder.:ride:

I'll post a couple pics later when I'm at home.

take it from an environmental engineer. this abestos worry is BS and govt hype. no body died from asbestos but factory workers from asbestos plants in the 40s...............65 years ago.

asbestos fear is the biggest federal govt white elephant ever. pure crap and bunk. Ride free.

I kind of figured it was BS. I can't believe how much money was/is being spent removing asbestos from school buildings. Fear is one of Americas weakest links. We propogate fear like it is a commodity. I am guilty.:ride:

Mining is a dangerous job no matter what you are mining. It's the prolonged exposure that is reported to be the problem. I guess I should be more worried about hurting myself following Fremont Les than inhaling a little asbestos. :applause:

:p:p You mean "OhNoNotYouAgain"? That Les? You should have seen it coming. :applause::ride:

yup my mistake but I needed fremontguy Les to show gsxrjason and his alabama friend here on vacation the good single track. Les did good at first showed us nothing but single track, tunnel of love manzanita rash rip your arms off all day, single track but then waits till we are allmost out of gas and takes us down this hell slop loop 6 narrow slope rut trail he calls the cow trail where him and dp400 got stranded over night last winter in rain............... man we got out of that canyon with our skin and some of les's gas................never have I've been so happy to see fire road again.

ohnonotyouagain :ride::lol::p:p:applause:

:applause: I'm slated for Clear Creek on December 18 with Doc Wong. :ride:

These kind of reports make me look forward to it all the more. :p

Goat trails, rabbit trails, manzanita tunnels! Oh My! :p

o.k does anyone know if it got any rain friday :ride:

we got some here in fresno in the foothills :applause::lol:

stil doing the rain :p:p

o.k does anyone know if it got any rain friday :ride:

we got some here in fresno in the foothills :applause::p

stil doing the rain :p:lol:

I dont know about friday but it appears they had some rain. It was still really really dusty today and there was tons of people. Almost had a few close calls with people flying around blind turns on the left side. :p Looks like we will be riding at Hollister tomorrow.

Ill be out there 1st thing tomorrow morn. making the day trip to The Creek from San Jose. Should be pulling in around 9am. 04crf450 #308s hope the conditions are great!

You are close to the trurth ( because i am not able to prove otherwise). I know people that have rinden the area since the 50's. There is not a case of physical health problems related to the creek, that is known to them, or any report related issues.

Ride the creek untill the fags close it!!

o.k does anyone know if it got any rain friday :p

we got some here in fresno in the foothills :applause::p

stil doing the rain :lol::p

Was there Wed-Sat. Most the time it was very dusty! :p Did get very small amount of rain Friday mid morning, but that was only enough to keep the dust down for an hour or two. Can't wait for the firat real rain. :ride:

If you want to know rain totals in th future, I use the Hernandaz rain guage at http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?s=HDZ. If you look around the site you can also pull up Santa Rita Peak and Spanish Lake.

Was there Wed-Sat. Most the time it was very dusty! :p Did get very small amount of rain Friday mid morning, but that was only enough to keep the dust down for an hour or two. Can't wait for the firat real rain. :applause:

If you want to know rain totals in th future, I use the Hernandaz rain guage at http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?s=HDZ. If you look around the site you can also pull up Santa Rita Peak and Spanish Lake.

thank's for the info.I was hoping that recent rainstorm would drift towards the creek..I have used the spanish lake weather chart just looking for rider input :ride: cant wait till it rains :p

thank's for the info.I was hoping that recent rainstorm would drift towards the creek..I have used the spanish lake weather chart just looking for rider input :applause: cant wait till it rains :p

Its Dry :ride: