Sign in to follow this  

My X's boiling too easy!!

Hi guys. I'm from Brazil, so, first at all sorry for my poor English. I own a CRF250X – 05, and, probably you should imagine how hot Brazil is. Well, I’m getting crazy because my bike is boiling too easy when I’m riding it in slow trails. In the owner book Honda says to use a mix (50/50 – water and coolant), but my mechanic insist to use 100% coolant Who is right? Another guy told me to take off the exhaust silencer!!! Please help me!!! There are Califonia and south of USA as hot as Brazil!!!

Distilled and or De Ionized water will work better than 100% coolant.

Products like Engine ICE, Water Wetter, Rock Oil's kool all contain chemicals that aide in getting the water to cool better.

If your bike is set up properly you can add a higher pressure cap. some guys add the electric cooling fan kit, personally for serious trail riding it would be waste to trash that expensive fan.

Your dealer is wrong. Never use 100% anti-freeze in anything. Like B Man says you can try the products he has mentioned. I never had a problem with mine over heating. I just use the normal coolant from Honda. I do have the fan(it's never came on) and it's tucked up nice behind my Rooster gaurds so unless I wipe my rad. out it should last a long time.

yea your dealer is a morron..your suppose to use 50% coolant and 50% DISTILLED water...it has to be distilled water...umm open up your air box more...and take out the exhaust baffle if its not a problem of noise...have you changed your oils lately?

The radiator cap has a pressure rating. 13 or 16 lbs / 1.1kpa or 1.4 kpa. The higher you make the pressure in the cooling system the more temperature it takes to boil the water. I use a 1.8 kpa (around 22 lbs) cap.

Look at he CCC mods and get your jetting correct, Change the oils and take it easy on the clutch.

Hi guys. I'm from Brazil, so, first at all sorry for my poor English. I own a CRF250X – 05, and, probably you should imagine how hot Brazil is. Well, I’m getting crazy because my bike is boiling too easy when I’m riding it in slow trails. In the owner book Honda says to use a mix (50/50 – water and coolant), but my mechanic insist to use 100% coolant Who is right? Another guy told me to take off the exhaust silencer!!! Please help me!!! There are Califonia and south of USA as hot as Brazil!!!

Sounds like you should remove the baffle, rejet the carb, and install Honda's optional radiator fan kit :applause:

water is the heat exchanger - higher percent of water is better cooling - but 100% rusts system, no lubrication to pump and boils at 212 deg F.

anti freeze addresses those points - 50% is best.

100% coolant is BAD.