opinions on helmets

I have ahd many helmets but mostly cheepies, HCL< M2r..

Well now is the time to get a desent helmet. I have a budget of about $200-$300. What I am looking for is a quality helmet thats fits very nicely and one that will not feel lose after a days ride. I want it to be light and cool. And it needs to look good too. Any suggestions?

I have to recommend the One Industries Trooper. I believe they are hands down the best helmet in their price range (and even better than some of their more expensive competitors) and I think can be found for around $300 -$330 now. I love mine and would definatley buy another. A word of caution if you get one of these: They are a very unique shape and people either love them or hate them so if you buy one be sure and try it on as they do not accomodate all head shapes.

How Are You If You Can Spend A Little More ,my Advice Would Be The Arai I Have The Kevin Windham Replica And It Is The Most Comftorable Helmet There Is, Not To Mention That It Vents Extremely Well Fits Like A Glove And Looks Awesome .try One On In Your'e Local Dealer Youll See.good Luck

Anyone know the weight of the HJC AC-X2 vs. the newer AC-X3? I'm not interested in the $379 carbon model, and the published weight I see for the x3 looks a little high. I can't find any numbers on the X2 though, so no easy way to compare.

After lugging my older HJC around for the last 4 years, I am in the market for something lighter (and less smelly...)

Instead of starting a new thread, I'm going to jump on this bandwagon. I am also looking for a new helmet(I've been using my thor for the past 5 years now) My price range is about $200 and I have been looking at the pro pilots (they look like they have awsome ventalation) and also the No Fear optimal 2 (which look like they have decent ventalation also.) The Fox hemet is made of composite materials, were as the no fear is polycarbonite (plastic) Has any body had any experiances with either helmet? They both feel and fit good, and I'm sure they've got to be better, and lighter han my old thor.

I have found the pro pilots on ebay for 150-200 and the ne fear are 160 plus I can get 20% off that at my local no fear store. Should I go with value or go with the bigger name in motocross?

I appreciate all the advice. I did not want to go with the hjc or thor. WHEN A DEALER STOCKS NOTHING BUT HJC, IT WORRIES ME. These dealers thing cheap and not quality. So after much pondering I went with the Fox V3 Race Pilot helmet. It looks trick and has high reviews. Cost a little more then what I wanted to spend but my nogin :applause: is the only real asset I have ?

thanx again :ride: