Sign in to follow this  

Mini-Motard Indoor Racing - Survey

US Mini Moto Indoor Racing:

From reading on this and other forums, it seems there are places in the mid-west and western US (I suspect overseas as well) to race your mini indoors? There is nothing like that around here (northeastern US), although I suspect there is an unfulfilled demand.

I appreciate anyone reading to take a few moments and respond to the following questions:

1) If there is such an indoor "mini motard" facility in your area, where are you located (city, state)?

2) How large do you estimate the physical size of the building needs to be to accomodate the track?

3) Is the facility multi-purpose (strictly minis or accomodates other machines or businesses)?

4) Is the business open year-round or seasonal?

5) Take a minute and describe what you have observed about the indoor facility (is there retail, parts, other gaming, concessions, etc available?)

Pass the word about this survey to others. Any information that may help us spread the motard-madness eastward will be very helpful.

:applause::ride:

US Mini Moto Indoor Racing:

From reading on this and other forums, it seems there are places in the mid-west and western US (I suspect overseas as well) to race your mini indoors? There is nothing like that around here (northeastern US), although I suspect there is an unfulfilled demand.

I appreciate anyone reading to take a few moments and respond to the following questions:

1) If there is such an indoor "mini motard" facility in your area, where are you located (city, state)?

2) How large do you estimate the physical size of the building needs to be to accomodate the track?

3) Is the facility multi-purpose (strictly minis or accomodates other machines or businesses)?

5) Take a minute and describe what you have observed about the indoor facility (is there retail, parts, other gaming, concessions, etc available?)

Pass the word about this survey to others. Any information that may help us spread the motard-madness eastward will be very helpful.

:applause::p

We ride in doors during the winter only at a track in Sterling Va.

It's not "racing", just open practice. The facility is a full time go-karts for hire type buisness. I'm no good at guessing the building size. The facility is very nice, with an glass enclosed drivers lounge to separate you from the engine noise and fumes. It has water fountains,Coke machines & restrooms. We have 6 dates there this year, Sunday mornings, 8am-12noon, $40.

It's a awesome deal for me because I don't like to ride outdoors when it's cold and wet. Call me old, :p call me weak, :ride: been there, done that!

I am located in the Detroit, MI area. The local karting track is in the northern suburb of Sterling Heights. See their website at www.kart2kart.com

I would estimate that the portion of the building housing the track ONLY is about 150,000 sq. ft.

Mostly karting, with Minis only 5 hours a week.

Year 'round.

All the info is on their website. Karting, catering, and beer on site... What more do you need? :applause:

Oh yeah, the groups that run the races can be found at http:\\www.glmmrs.com and at http:\\www.theblazzinbikers.com

-Tom

I am located in the Detroit, MI area. The local karting track is in the northern suburb of Sterling Heights. See their website at www.kart2kart.com

Sweet! I travel to Detroit a couple times a month for work and always look for stuff to do. Thanks for the info :applause:

I appreciate everyone taking time to respond. This is good information, and a growing industry I believe.

Please do spread the word about the survey, and point them here.

Regards,

Chris Cullen :applause:

In Bakersfield California ther is a indoor karting center that is 50cc (or up to 125cc in 50's frame) friendly. The name of it is Bakersfield karting. Its just open practice but still a place to go. The owner is all for it and is pushing it real good.