noisy engine

:applause: 05 noise started on 2nd tank of fuel ratle piston type noise. a buddy and myself bought 1 each same time-RMz450, his is quiet & mine is noisy and getting worse returned to dealer, "Chapparel"walked thru & tech said was normal no warranty, not raced, worried $$$ feeling sexed!IDEAS!

I am torn beetween 2 trains of thought, ride it till its dead or spend $ and have it checked I have seen another previous post about a rod coming coming apart and taking the coating on cylinder wall and piston out, I really wish Suzuki would help Yamaha would for 30 days!I am on the 5th tank of gas

Previous posting..

If you have a knocking sound and low compression, not just a ticking sound. Check for a loose lower rod bearing. If your timing chain and valves are okay, you might find the plating coming off the exhaust side of the cylinder due to the lower rod bearing failing. The particles coming from the rod acts like sandpaper between the piston and the cylinder.. New rod kit, piston and cylinder or replating will be needed.

Suzuki should cover the damage if you only have 2 hours on it! Bitch loudly !

Put yours next to your friends and see if it is sounds different. If it does, repeat for dealer. If they did not have anything to compare to the first time, it would be hard since all new 450s make some noise. But with two bikes purchased at the same time with equal hours, how are they going to argue if it is a major difference? Worth a shot.

Update!!-FIXED IT YESTERDAY! WOOPEE! ? it was free! WOOPEE! ? Chaparrel sucks! Suzuki is Righteous! Beaumont Motorcycle is also A-O-K! I thought I would stop and talk too some one on advice and what I could possibly do as far as Suzuki, no warranty and the dealer I bought from lack of knowledge or willingness to help. BMC said bring it in and 2 hours later called and said its fixed! come get the bike! $0.00due. ? Suzuki took care of the problem and the problem was a loose crank output gear bolt so it was chuckling on the flywheel of the clutch basket thats why noise was still present with clutch in and really bad at cruise. accel and decel were OK minimal or no noise Chaparrel said normal ride it! at any rate Suzuki stood behind there product BMC was willing to help at least to try! and I recommend both!?:applause::ride:

Update!!-FIXED IT YESTERDAY! WOOPEE! ? ........... Suzuki took care of the problem and the problem was a loose crank output gear bolt so it was chuckling on the flywheel of the clutch basket thats why noise was still present with clutch in and really bad at cruise. accel and decel were OK minimal or no noise .......................

Cool :ride: Thanks for giving us an update......it will no doubt be helpful to others at some point!?

Note to self: No purchases from Chaparrel

Question to self: How the :applause: do you spell Chaparrel/Chapparel??? ??