Sign in to follow this  

DR.D system or Yoshimura TRC Comp Series???

Basically I have been looking at pipes. I was referred to a DR.D system. I have a 2001 YZ250F. And was also wondering where you guys would find the best deals for a system. :ride::p:applause:

I dont thinkyamaha sounds good with yoshi on them it makes it sound like a trail bike but that was just the slip on maybe the full system will sound differnt.

I got the yosh full system on my bike and no way does it sound like a trail bike. I ridden both pipes back to back and I liked my yosh pipe much more then the dr. d pipe. I just thought the bike had a better over all power stance with the yosh pipe.

I got the yosh full system on my bike and no way does it sound like a trail bike. I ridden both pipes back to back and I liked my yosh pipe much more then the dr. d pipe. I just thought the bike had a better over all power stance with the yosh pipe.

Did you rejet?

I would maybe consider getting stuff on ebay but I can't because I would normally use my moms user i.d. for ebay but somebody just last week hacked into her acount and bought her a tractor in Germany. Whjch my mom cancelled her acount and we can never get another acount even if we tried. But anyways from what it sounds like from yamahaboy is that the yoshimura system is better. And you have both of them to test them out so you should know. I just looked in my motosport outlet catalog and when I was looking at the DR.D pipe there was the Yoshimura system for even cheaper.

Do you think I should get the aluminum or carbon fiber. I am feeling carbon fiber because my bike already has some carbon fiber, and carbon fiber seems to be the popular thing to get now.

WHo do you think would spend more time developing a pipe for the YZ? A yamaha rider and champion or a company that makes pipes for 100's of differn't motorcycles?

PS when Dr D says his pipe is steel, that is not the entire pipe nor the cansiter. The reason for this is increased strentgh in certain vulenrable areas with better power characterisrtics from steel.

PSS carbon fiber is cool but does not last like metal, only guys with plenty of extra cash should even consider this risky proposition.