Sign in to follow this  

Pro wheels?

Im thinking about orderen a set of the pro wheels rims out of motosport has any body used them, are they strong and is it hard to lace the wheels? Thanks

Well ProWheels has a new version of their rim. Called the ProWheel2. Get those. The first ones had a really crappy weld job on them and you could never true it out.

I have laced both the first and second series. Like said the seconds are way better. The front was very easy to true, the rear was still a bit hard.

Now lacing wheels is easy if you know where to start and how to do it. Truing is where the art is.

A buddy of mine has Pro wheels on his bike which just broke on the welds. It looks as if the rims where just cut in half with a hack saw. I would go with Excel just to avoid the chance of this happening.

Mike

A buddy of mine has Pro wheels on his bike which just broke on the welds. It looks as if the rims where just cut in half with a hack saw. I would go with Excel just to avoid the chance of this happening.

Mike

I have herd the same story about this happing to quite a few people with pro wheel rims

I can see that being an issue with the first version of the wheels.

The ProWheel2 welds look on par with the Excels I have seen lately.