Sign in to follow this  

Thanksgiving week Clear Creek ride report w/ photos

OUCH you guys should see the strawberry black bruise on my ribs from one of my crashes this week at Clear Creek.

Arrived 830 am on Sunday last week, and sure enough tommybracer on his VOR and Zorn on his DRZ show up. we take a nice morning ride, run some hills and jeep trails, enjoy the morning. we get back and Fremontguy has arrived. Then the trouble started...... tommybracer had break down troubles with his VOR. As I went back for him, I got un hitched from Zorn and Fremontguy. I head up 102 and tackle the goat hill climb not making it and burning my pant leg on my pipe.......as it turns out fremontguy and Zorn bailed out on 103 and we never hooked up again...so I went back and took the TE-510 out for a spin. My husaberg is much better in the tight stuff but that big husky is a big fun race horse on the big clear creek trails!

Zorn and Fremontguy get great single track in sunday afternoon.

Monday then we had Fremontguy as our guide for me, gsxrjason and his pal from alabama, "Regal" yup his name is Regal just like rhett butler, a real South name.

so Fremontguy - Les, takes me on a early bird sinlge track tunnel of love ride then the two alabamians join us at 10 am. Les leads us on single track rabbit hole trails all day long......till we are all most out of gas then he says we are going down the cow trail where he and DP400 spent the night stranded. :p Les says kill your engines on the down hill to save gas.. :ride: 2 hours late we emerge from a nasty deep dark steep canyon....JEEZ. :p I ate it once on a ravine with no trail... :p

Thanks to gsxrjaon and regal for helping out of that mess. after a refill of gas from les's exxon tank we finally beat our way back home to camp.........That day MONDAY was a work day at Clear Creek. Regal should have some pics of the valley in the cow canyon..I'll never be there again.

Ok so tuesday les has left, and we play ride every where more single track what I knew from my les tour on Monday am, then some fun at the saddlle and we got out to the 160s, and lots of stuff really, then while searching for more trails I guess I felt I was tough so I lead us up this damn dead end tall oaatmeal hill......as we start down, jason yells BOB for some reason and I grap too much brake.....I do a full launch Double sommersalt, with my husky landing over my shoulder into a bush. I did survive that to find the airplane loop and we finally head back..........

although re rode mostly tight stuff all weekend, I never took any single track pics only these few play area pics to show. the quality is not so good as I had to zoom in with my throwaway camera shots.

gsxrjason testing out my husberg at the saddle

Regal, who flew in from alabama to vist jason for the week and see some western riding, kept saying on monday, with Les leading on all that single track "show me a fire road" :lol: then on Tuesday play day he kept saying, "we have nothing like this in alabama!" :p

regal climber

some of Jason

gxsrjason on a tear up the hill

once more so fun

and his buddy Regal getting some licks in too

sunlight face

drifting off , the place was empty all 3 days

Regal sidesteps the way up

Thanks guys for the 3 great days at Clear Creek. we really did up the place. :lol::p:applause: Post your pics! my last ones:

Da Berg at Clear Creek!

the good spot at oak flat

Your host at Camp Husky!

So which bike did you prefer at CC ?

dp :ride:

I think I'll have to take both bikes on future trips. For those days when I follow ET or other single track junkies like FremontLes then I definitely want the Husaberg hands down. That TE-510 is too much power in the rabbit trails, but My Husky has the big tank..and it an enduro machine too. so on Tuesday when we rode the more normal open single track, motored on the jeep trails and did many hill climbs as we ventured deep into CC, wow I love the Husky then too.

The answer is: for my local woods rides at GT, Foresthill and Elkins Flat the Husaberg is my first choice. For Clear Creek and Moonrocks, probably stony too, then the big husky is the one to ride. Bring em both, Ride them all! :applause:

Good write up Bob, we had a great time down there. Thanks again to Fremontguy and youself for the guided tours, we'd have never found any of that great single track on our own.

Good couple of days riding at the creek and I'm always available to show folks around or follow down there. I never thought someone could mess up on that washed out trail untill I heard B.Bob went diving off of it. The 300 was fun to ride out there also, just have to kick it to life a lot.

i think it was this bike i saw at Prairie city doing hill climbing at full throttle on 11/27 sunday??

345636%3B923232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E293%3E%3A86%3EWSNRCG%3D32333568%3B3386nu0mrj

I never thought someone could mess up on that washed out trail untill I heard B.Bob went diving off of it.

I was showing my family in LA over thanksgiving and the Elkins Guys on Sunday my fist size black cherry colored blood bruise and two knife edge cuts on my upper ribs just under my arm pit on my right side. They were like :p

The trail vanishes and only a radical off camber arch way exists on the other side of this ravine. You are supposed to leap over the ravine and roll around the right hand turn arch way and some how be shifting all your weight to the left side. :applause:

I went 2 feet and plunged into the abyss. luckily a dead tree some one laid there caught my bike up side down but with tires close to trail edge. My body falls a lot farther down into the hole, crashes thru some sticks and brush to land hard on a big ugly pryamid shape rock jabbing me in my side right where the chest protector ain't there. Ouch! :p

Jason jumped down in the hole with me and we bench press the bike back onto the trail worried about losing gas..... as ohnonotyouagain fremontguy has led us down this adventure trail at the end of our day. :ride:

cow trail? a wild pig couldn't make it down there.

Sorry I missed all the fun with Les, BigBob and the gang, but Ill be camping there Dec 3-4 if anyone out there wants to hook up for some singletrack. :applause:

dang VOR let me down :p still had fun though :applause:

I got back home and the thing started right up :ride: . checked the stator and it's good .check the coil , its good and now i'm down to the carb. jeting is stock most likely to rich for that altitude . ordering me some new jets and head over to buddy shop in santa cruz ( he has dyno ) and start playing around :p oh and for those of you with VOR'S before you ask yes i checked the vavles there withen specs.

even with the bike problems it was still a blast . sorry for being dark horse in ride guys

defenitly need start saving for a second bike.