Husqvarna TE410 Oil Change

Can anyone help !!!!!!!!!

I have just become the owner of a 2000 TE410, and the first thing I need to do is an oil change. What would be the recommended oil for a TE410, and how much oil is required with a filter change. The bike will be used in the UK for mainly greenlane/trail riding.

Cheers Ronnie

Hi guys, i have the 410E 2000 model.The manual says 2 lt oil but the dealer told me 1.6 (i am not certain if that is with filter change or not).Question:I put 2 lt with new filter and the level as seen through the window is way above the two notches, even though i spilled some out ,about 100cc.How accurate is the oil level as seen through the glass window?

Hello TT'ers,

I have found that after draining the oil,throwing away and renewing the paper cartridge filter, and then removing and cleaning the mesh (bag) filters,

2 litres of oil brings the level to just over half way in the sight glass , which I should think is spot on.

:applause:

that is after removing both drain plugs also... :ride:

hope this helps, Charlie

Hello i am trying to find where the mesh (bag) filters are ,but with no luck.I 've seen where they are on the manual but when i try to look them up on the bike ,i can't.Are they behind something else that has to come off?My bike is a 2000 TE410E.Thank's :applause:

There are two bag (steel mesh) filters on my 2001 TE410E. They are located behind a single round cover secured with two screws. This cover is located towards the rear of the engine beyond the stator casing on the left hand side (as you sit on the bike) of the engine. Remove the cover by removing the two screws and withdraw the two mesh filters. I replace the o rings each time and wash the filters through in petrol.

Stu

If you haven't got it figured out yet, here's my .02 worth. I suspect there isn't any difference in oil quantity between my 2000 TE410 and the 2000 TE410E, but I use 1 qt(I don't know the liter conversion) of Havoline 10W-40 synthetic. I have been doing this every 10 hrs for over two years and no problems with motor. This is with cleaning the two stainless steel filter screens (Located just to the rear of the stator cover. It has one bolt on either side of the flexible oil line w/banjo style bolt.) I don't have any paper filters on mine. I also don't have a sight window, just a small screw with crush washer located mid level of the clutch basket cover. With bike level (not on K-stand), oil should just begin to run out when correct oil level is reached.

Hi Guys, I might be being a little dense here, but I've suffered the same problem on my TE410e 2000. In the workshop manual it shows three mesh filters, one on the RH and two on the LH side (behind the cover plate with two screws). It really looks like the RH side filter is beneath the engine drive sprocket ?? but I just cant find it. I've been recomended to use 10W40 synthetic if that helps, (UK Green Laning only)

When I drained the oil, and removed the LH bag filters I found a small spring !!! I think this comes from the driving shaft gear selector sprocket (that probably makes no sense) there is a small part called a "click" (8000 71007) Does anyone know what this part does, as to replace the spring, I'd have to split the engine, and that's a little too much for me at the moment, and I dont want to be without it. Any help with this would be most helpful.

Oil wise, I was recommended rock-oil 10w-40 semi-sythetic, and apart from my documented cam-chain issues, (probably not oil related),I have a solid bike with no oil issues.

I think the R.H. bag filter must be inside the clutch casing cover, as there is no other place for it .

the 2 left hand bag filters are beneath the silver cover- retained by 2 bolts, this cover is just in front of the neutral switch(with cagiva on it!!).

I have not found a spring, or any other parts coming out with my filters,

A few ali filings for the first 2 oil changes- this is well documented with the

450 + 510 owners- and recently a few pieces of red coloured "plastic", apparently this is the "instant gasket" that was used to seal the cases in the factory build.

A couple of the owners on this thread are obviously not familiar with the

E-start 410 , and having 3 different design engines all called TE certainly doesn't help us.

I own the left kick 410 and the e-start 410, and servicing wise they are incredibly different, only the head and valve gear are the same,- but even the clearances and timing aren't the same...,

feel free to ask any more questions, I'll try to answer them, but I'm not an expert!,,,, Charlie

Cheers Charlie, Thanks for the advise, ... It's often a little embarrassing to ask the obvious, like .."Where are the Bag Filter ?" ..., but I've spent hours trying to find the elusive RH one, I might take a peek inside the clutch cover, ... my only concern would be whether I need to replace the gaskets after splitting the case, or just reuse the old one if possible ?

How do rate your 410 electric start ? ... I've had mine for just a few months and so far only ridden it three times, two track days and one just green laning. I found it quite grunty and more than able to keep up with my friends 2 stroke 250's. The only gripe I've had so far, is when the battery died, and I had to rely on bump starts from a mate ..!

I'm sure as I get more confident with the bike, and have a need to fix it more I'll be calling upon your kind offer of help, hope you don't mind ? Thanks. Graham.

If you haven't got it figured out yet, here's my .02 worth. I suspect there isn't any difference in oil quantity between my 2000 TE410 and the 2000 TE410E, but I use 1 qt(I don't know the liter conversion) of Havoline 10W-40 synthetic. I have been doing this every 10 hrs for over two years and no problems with motor. This is with cleaning the two stainless steel filter screens (Located just to the rear of the stator cover. It has one bolt on either side of the flexible oil line w/banjo style bolt.) I don't have any paper filters on mine. I also don't have a sight window, just a small screw with crush washer located mid level of the clutch basket cover. With bike level (not on K-stand), oil should just begin to run out when correct oil level is reached.
TE-E holds more oil than TE and elusive bag filter is under clutch cover.

Thanks for the clarification on the elusive missing bag filter, .... I will persevere and remove the clutch cover. When I take the cover off, is all the insides going to fall on my feet ..? and can it done with the engine in the frame still ..?

I've got to own up and say I've never changed the R.H. bagfilter,

and looking at the state of the 2 l.h. filters after a husky main dealer did a £450 "full service"- neither have they!!!

I don't know if you have access to a full workshop manual for these bikes,

The CD - rom versions on E-bay are worth the £8 or so they cost to your door,

but the manual doesn't detail the location of thr RH filter any better than the

ownermanull , it's the same diagram used in both.

I don't expect there are too many nasty surprises lurking under the clutch cover, but It is still a fairly involved job - I can't see a reason why you can't do it with the bike just leant to the L/H side.

I would personally remove the oil pump assembly, and paper oil filter before splitting the clutch cover, thet way there should be less loose shims floating around.... :applause:

I will attempt this job myself over Xmas when I'm replacing the Cam-chain assy. Charlie

Your a brave man, ... braver than me probably ... hope all goes well and thanks for all the advise.

At least I have some people to blame now, when I open the engine cases and all little cogs and springs fall about the garage floor, pinging here there and everywhere ...!

Thanks again, to everyone !

Just to conclude the "finale of the Missing RH Bag Filter"

I've eventually found it ..! I've had to remove the clutch outer casing, done carefully saves you a new gasket and in the bottom front of the engine casing rim is a what looks like a small metal sleeve, burried into the case's extreme edge ... pull this out and hey presto ... RH bag filter .....

Waste of time really, it looked fine !

If you want any pics let me know and I can email you them.