Sign in to follow this  

VDR round 3 Dec.11 row call

I don't know what was going on, 4 laps and I could not even hold onto the bike anymore. WAY past arm pump. If I kept racing I was going to go down in the high speed sections for sure.

Totally sucky.

Not drinking enough :applause:

Not drinking enough :applause:

I wish. I have about 5000 excuses and no answers.

So it wasn't a mud fest?

I still have a lot of snow in my yard and would have bet money that it would be muddy. Oh well. :applause:

KC

It was my 1st scramble and i had a blast, even though at about mid way through my 2nd lap I didn't think that I could make it but i held it together and did six laps in 1.5 hours I crashed pretty bad in the whoop section near the gates messed up the bike and me so stooped there. What a great experience and I will be at the next one. I didn't see any one from here but maybe next time.

It was my 1st scramble and i had a blast, even though at about mid way through my 2nd lap I didn't think that I could make it but i held it together and did six laps in 1.5 hours I crashed pretty bad in the whoop section near the gates messed up the bike and me so stooped there. What a great experience and I will be at the next one. I didn't see any one from here but maybe next time.

Sounds like you were on track for a good finish. I had a couple crashes in the first lap. All my fault. I was riding a little over my head having not been on a bike since the last race. Still finished 9 laps for another 6th in the sportsmens class. What a fun day. Couldn't ask for better weather. :applause:

The weather was awesome and the track was really good. I don't think that the conditions could have been much better.

I was wondering is it always that bumpy in the high speed sections? I really needed to adjust my compression because those areas were really kicking my butt.

I crashed on my sixth lap at the flat track section, no recolection of it though. Any of you guys see it go down, like to know what happened besides me being a dumbass. The guy warned us to be careful there, I guess i wasnt enough. ktm300 toward the end of the race, talked w the medic there and rode it back in dont remember about three hour space. My friend took me to north suburban hosp after an hour or two of me repeating myself over and over. All ok just a bit banged up. Raced sportsman, good class for me

AXX

Saw you talking to the medic, that was about it. I crashed in that same spot (nice high side) on lap 1 and got banged up pretty bad, bruised right hand, hip and shoulder. Didn't want to call it quits that early in the race so I spent the rest of the race wincing in pain on each jump. Went down again on lap six, stupid lay down into a corner. Only 8 laps and most likely a last place finish. To make matters worse, forgot my chest protector, so I got to experience all the roost up close and personal.

Oh well, lesson's learned, but still fun :applause:

I hurt on my left side and my bike hurts on its right side so i guess i high sided too. Great track w good variety, would have finished quite well until my off, but thats racing. First experience, ill be bahck!

I crashed on my sixth lap at the flat track section, no recolection of it though.

Bummer. Sorry to hear that.

I didn't see you fall but I rode by as somebody who did was talking to the medics. Maybe you ?

I rode my YZ250 as my EXC is due for a valve check and I didn't get a chance to get to it. I did 8 laps trying to race within my ability and only had one "Oh S..t' moment when I was 5th gear pinned on one of the uphill straight and the front wheel started coming up. I had the death grip on and couldn't cut the gas. Luckily I had one finger on the clutch. That would have hurt...

I found out that if I start the first lap lose I don't get arm pump. And I usually have to take it easy around lap 5 until the second wind kicks in.

I think I almost took out somebody on a WR. I was obviously slowing him down in the turns so I just pulled to the right and waved him through except that he tried to pass me on the right at the same time. Ooops! Next time I'll just keep my line.

Last month was my first time racing and I was in sorry shape. I did the last lap in slow motion and could barely manage to stand up for jumps. This time was much easier. I could have gone longer and was in fact surprised to see the checker flag. Same number of laps though.

See you all next month!

bruno.

How long does it usually take to post the results on the web site? I was hurting pretty bad and didn't hang out to find out the results.

How long does it usually take to post the results on the web site?

Last month it took a week.

bruno.

I crashed on my sixth lap at the flat track section, no recolection of it though. Any of you guys see it go down, like to know what happened besides me being a dumbass.

And I got to ride back to Steamboat, via Suburban Hospital, with him, listening to him ask the same question for literally dozens of times:

Did I finish?

Did I ride the bike back?

Where did I wreck?

Is that my gas can or yours?

I am fine really.

Then multiply by about 38.7! Luckily Axx's CT scan turned our OK and he is still able to race next time!!! Hang in there Chris!!! :applause:

next race we should all try to pit near each other so that we can put a face with the name and all complain about how bad we hurt. We can all bring beer and have a nice time after the race. I said beer so I know Hokie will be game for this.

next race we should all try to pit near each other so that we can put a face with the name and all complain about how bad we hurt. We can all bring beer and have a nice time after the race. I said beer so I know Hokie will be game for this.

I had beer yesterday as well.

I'm in!

If you see me at an RMEC race, I fart alot. I can't stop farting. :ride:

So just use your nose and come toward the beans and rotten eggs smell.

mmmmmmm beer. Yes, post a pic of your rig so I can have some free beer. :applause:

I don't currently have a picture but i have a Silver 04 (new body style) F-150 with a G-Loomis sticker in the driver side back window. My bike also has a TT fender sticker on it.