kx250f shoot out

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes ... it's all about the all mighty dollar. :ride: I don't mind them getting rich from Honda adds, I know the game and so do you, take the shoot-out for what it is ... a Honda add. But fear not my good friends, the great thing about America is we can get our dollar too and in the mean time, it's like I said before; it makes 'em easier to beat. :applause:

I just sent the following email to TW.

"It is with a sad heart that I must tell you that I will no longer be able to subscribe to you magazine. Your recent declaration of the CRF as the winner of the 250f shoot out has shattered your credibility. The 250f class, like the 125 class before it is still primarily about the motor, and the Honda has the worst motor in the class. This is known by all who have ridden any of the 06 machines. You are the only magazine that will rate the CRF 1st when all the other magazines will rate it appropriately in the 3rd to 4th position. I believe that this will turn out to be a significant mistake on your part. You have lost what was once a TW faithful."

Probably won't make a diff to them right? But I still think their call was BS and I won't give them subscription money. If a particular issue has some useful information that I can not get from just scannng at the stand, then perhaps I'll buy that issue....perhaps.

Please! the Honda? That would have been like the CR125 or CR250 winning one of the 2-stroke shootouts in the last couple of years.

You better not buy another cycle news either.

why does it mean so much to everyone to see their fav bike(whatever color)declared the winner in a shootout anyway?....if you're happy with your ride that's all that matters you don't need a magazine or anyone else to help you validate that!

besides it's not like any of them are getting bad press per say even the non-updated RMZ...

we all know what opinions are like & the only one that should count is your own when you're laying out your hard earned dollars on your new steed...

why does it mean so much to everyone to see their fav bike(whatever color)declared the winner in a shootout anyway?....if you're happy with your ride that's all that matters you don't need a magazine or anyone else to help you validate that!

besides it's not like any of them are getting bad press per say even the non-updated RMZ...

we all know what opinions are like & the only one that should count is your own when you're laying out your hard earned dollars on your new steed...

You missinterpreted the the post. It was not about the Kawi not winning, it was about the Honda actually winning it. Not even a top 3 bike this year.

is this the anti honda thread? sign me up!!! haha

dont let them see this they will will seriously cry, im turning anti honda more and more everyday..i went in the crf250 forum just peeking seeing whats up and i noticed someone asked about what pipes are good and i figured thats just a general question so ide give him my opinion on whats good...wow big mistake they all jumped on my back saying get the hell outa there forum...another time they were all raving how great the twin pipes are how they make so much power ect..i stoped by to give them TRUE dyno tests from FMF that showed there is no h.p gains on those twin pipes...wow agian a mistake they all freaked telling me to get outa there forum agian.......pussys

You missinterpreted the the post. It was not about the Kawi not winning, it was about the Honda actually winning it. Not even a top 3 bike this year.

obviously you missed the point of my post so let me spell it out for ya.... opinions we all have them but the only opinion that means anything is the one controlling your purse string & you obviously chose what you liked best......all that matters is that you chose what you feel is best for you & if you're happy with it that's the most important opinion of all for any of us...

vntgmx,

if that was you point, then that is what you should have said so to begin with. You should not have led off you post with

"why does it mean so much to everyone to see their fav bike(whatever color)declared the winner in a shootout anyway?...."

which clearly indicates your post is about individuals fav bike not winning the shoot out. Had you taken the time to read my post (and subsequent reply to your post) you would note that I do not declare that my model (or any other model) should have won, only that an inferior model to several others did.

is this pretty well "spelled out" as you like to say?

I'm new to the Kawi camp having come off a blue machine. I would not consider myself partial to any particular brand...in fact I had my heart set on an SXF but gave up waiting after 10 weeks and went the KXF. I'm all smiles about my decision with no regrets at all. I was considering all of the 250f's this year and I would be lying if I said I did not take into consideration some of the mags opinions to help in my decision making process. Like most people I don't have the chance to ride each bike back to back.

About these shootouts though, we should all be stoked owning the KXF. From what I've seen it's pretty clear the kawi is the hands down best bike this year. When you consider the advertising dollars pumped into these mags it starts to make sense how the rankings shuffle from mag to mag...but one bike has been consistant. I may be wrong but the KXF has already won 2 shootouts and has finished 2nd in all the others. What's even more telling is that Kawi does not throw around huge ad $$$ and most of the testers usually ride other bikes. This tells me they honestly feel the bike is that good!

It should be all smiles in this forum!

did they mention anything about headshake with the kxf in the tests?

Not in any of the tests I read. The KTM was the one I recall getting called out for a twitchy front end and headshake. From everything I've read the handling is the KXF's strongest quality...and from what REALLY MATTERS my KXF is the best handling machine I've been on by far.

Headshake is the one and only problem that im experiencing with this bike. the suspenshion has been revalved + new springs and it still gets it. i have the rebound almost all the way soft. i also moved my forks down. this all helped a little bit but it still does it. im almost to the point where im gonna sell the bike and go back to honda...thats how fustrated i am!

Headshake is the one and only problem that im experiencing with this bike. the suspenshion has been revalved + new springs and it still gets it. i have the rebound almost all the way soft. i also moved my forks down. this all helped a little bit but it still does it. im almost to the point where im gonna sell the bike and go back to honda...thats how fustrated i am!

That's a real bummer man...what kind of riding do you do? I was out at Cahuilla Creek last weekend which is a real rough outdoor track and had no problems at all. That place is really fast and is littered with braking/accel bumps.

are you puttin enough weight on the front whell when cornering/ decel into corners. if your riding position isnt good then it doesnt matter how good your bikes dialed it will act different

it happens when going fast (4th gear)...when accelerating and braking.

I also thought it might be my technique, but i never had a problem with anyother bike...

yeah i ride at Cahuilla Creek and all the other so cal tracks. and you know the jump where you land on the downhill right by the parking?...well i get headshake there and thats scary when goin down hill!