Sign in to follow this  

I am looking to purchase a Vertemati

Does anyone know of any Vertematis for sale? I would like to buy a 570 or SR600. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken

Don't have any more Vertimati's, but if you really want THAT kind of bike I might be able to locate a Excelcier Henderson, or a Cannondale, or a Bimota, or a Indian, or a....OK, so my little joke isn't helping, but with so many good bikes out there from companies STILL IN BUSINESS, it just seems like you are looking for trouble. The few VERTIMATI loyalists out there scream if anyone implies that the company is anything but going strong, BUT......

Keep watching here, you're about to see what I'm talking about. BTW, I've had Vert's, and was actually a dealer for a few minutes back when they were doing business. Great bikes, fun to ride!

Yeah, I thought about converting an Indian for SuperMoto but ultimately I would like something that weighs a little less. All kidding aside, I know a Vert. is not a wise choice, but I bought mine last year not knowing that Vert. had gone out of business. Now I'm hooked on the bikes. I want a second Vert to start building a collection. Where were you a dealer? Do you have any spare parts? Thanks

Vertimati's are sweet bikes but good luck finding spare parts, you'll need it.

Owning a second Vert as a spare parts bike is a good idea. Either that or book some airfare to Italy for your next parts run.

At some point you may need to face up to the reality that you should own a bike from a manufacturer that's still in business. Either that or open up a machine shop and fabricate your own spare parts.

I´m thinking about a aprilia, so maybe my SR600 factory replica is for sale if you are intrested...

The folks at Motostrano.com were the last importers that I know of. Check with them.

I found a 2003 Vert S570. Picked it up Thursday. The previous owner told me it was a practice bike for Leo Bagnis. He thinks it had some head work done to it. It has a 40mm Delororto instead of the standard 38mm and a Doma full titanium exhaust system. First impressions riding around my neighborhood is that it is much faster than my other Vert., which is an S501. Can't wait to get it on the track. The only problem is that the clutch drags. I took the clutch apart today and the friction plates appear to be thinner than what I think they should be. I don't have the specs on the minimun thickness for the plates. The hydraulic clutch seem to have enough pressure. I am not an expert on clutches, so can anyone tell me what's causing the dragging? Thanks

There were two last year at Target Motors in Tampa FL.

are you from Tampa? I try to go to Tampa ever year, I have frineds there and one day hop to maybe move there some day.

how is the ride there, any enduro or just MX?

I'm from south of Tampa about 80 miles. There is quite a bit of riding, there's quite a bit of trails and MX tracks but the trails are not very technical. The Florida Trail Riders (FTR) puts on a really good series of Hare Scrambles and Enduros.

I found a 2003 Vert S570. Picked it up Thursday. The previous owner told me it was a practice bike for Leo Bagnis.

Ahhh...tender loving care :applause:

And I thought that Shawn was going to make a coffee table out of that bike.

In all seriousness though, I'd try Motostrano or Darrick Lucchesi for spares, or potentially Fat Brad in Bakersfield. Brad probably has two or three partial spare bikes to sell. He built the motor in the bike you own, if I remember correctly.

Cheers,

Brett Saunders

Sounds like someone may have tryed to replace the clutch plates with the wrong ones......Did you carefully take the clutch appart and inspect it for ware and/or tear/damage???....If you need any specific parts you may contact me. I have owned 6 Vertematis...I still own 4 of them. I also bought/collected all the new parts I could get my hands on. There are 2 other Individuals I also know who have done the same, although they both have a mix of new and mostly used parts.....

First of all how ever....did you R&R the clutch fluid????....if so then dismantle the whole clutch assy for inspection. You may be able to ID the problem. I have a friend/collector who had the same problem with one of his used Vertematis...he had a KTM shop repair it;I dont remember the exact fix.

This is exactly why I will never buy a used race bike....been there/done that...you think youre getting a well maintained bike for cheap...but often you are getting a worn out piece of kit..........

hope you find a solution

Doug

(303) 761-4626 phone/fax

dougolmstedotr@hotmail.com

P.S......Scuderia of san francisco did the fix on my friends Vertemati clutch...I think it was a 570 or 600 SR....

www.scuderia.com

:applause:

Sounds like someone may have tryed to replace the clutch plates with the wrong ones......Did you carefully take the clutch appart and inspect it for ware and/or tear/damage???....If you need any specific parts you may contact me. I have owned 6 Vertematis...I still own 4 of them. I also bought/collected all the new parts I could get my hands on. There are 2 other Individuals I also know who have done the same, although they both have a mix of new and mostly used parts.....

First of all how ever....did you R&R the clutch fluid????....if so then dismantle the whole clutch assy for inspection. You may be able to ID the problem. I have a friend/collector who had the same problem with one of his used Vertematis...he had a KTM shop repair it;I dont remember the exact fix.

This is exactly why I will never buy a used race bike....been there/done that...you think youre getting a well maintained bike for cheap...but often you are getting a worn out piece of kit..........

hope you find a solution

Doug

(303) 761-4626 phone/fax

dougolmstedotr@hotmail.com

P.S......Scuderia of san francisco did the fix on my friends Vertemati clutch...I think it was a 570 or 600 SR....

www.scuderia.com

:ride:

Have you ever thought about selling one of them? I would love to get a enduro or MX model. I only ride a few times a year so a nice Vert should last me forever. I'm going to restore my TM and put it away. I still have that new TM pipe that you sold me a few years ago! I never used it, too afraid I would put a dent in it :p:p:applause:

Robb

@ daotoys1 :

You seem to be the man... :applause:

Can you tell me if there are any parts in the Vert engine that can be used from other bikes (clutch plates , valves , may be the piston...)

thanks

Twin

I have compared the VOR and Vert engines. It is obvious they are close cousins but nothing looked interchangeable besides the clutch parts and maybe the gearboxes.