Sign in to follow this  

Who was your dirtbiking idol growing up?

Mine were Rick Johnson and Jeff Stanton.

Cheifan, I can see where that track is when I look to the north off my porch. Well, its not there, but the chevrolet dealership it is built on I can see. that place was world class, wich it was still around. You can walk to the back of the property and still see some remnants and a few white painted tires.

I guess it was my Dad and his brothers Robert and Richard(I just didn't want to say Bobby and Dick) for taking me on ice rides on their race bikes(they're from mich. when they used to do that stuff there{ice racing in mich the coolest thing were the homemade spiked tires/750 kawi trips stuffed into homemade frames}). :applause: They did plenty of dirt riding too(along with drag bikes/cars).

Even though i'm only 17, i've always liked McGrath... i think i've switched over to Stewart, altough i still have huge ammounts of respect for pastrana, mcgrath, and charmichael

Always went for the off-road heros:

Malcom Smith

Larry Roesler

Stephane Peterhansel

to name but a few.

Joel Robert, Roger Decoster, Sylvan Geboers, Aki Johnson, Heiki Mikola.

My pop has a '75 CR Mikola replica. That bike is baaaaad!

75360cr.jpg

Torsten Hallman and Joel Robert. Their battles for the world 250cc World MX championship were epic!!

Cheers,

Mac

i would say danny chandler,marty moats,steven gall and ray vanderberg(these two are australian mx ledgends)did see danny and marty race at a couple of the race that i did when i was a kid

Mark Barnett, He signed the gas tank on my 1981 rm125 about five years ago.

Ryanb58, I used to work at Terry Fischer right were the St Peters track used to be.

Rick Melon!!!!

Hell Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Bad" Billy Robinson

Judy McCormick

Carrot Top

Mark Barnett, He signed the gas tank on my 1981 rm125 about five years ago.

Ryanb58, I used to work at Terry Fischer right were the St Peters track used to be.

Small World

Jeff Stanton, in my opinion one of the most under rated riders of all time. Never really to flashy or as naturally talented as other riders, but rode hard, trained hard, and won races. Just a good old farm boy that loved to ride.

:applause: