Sign in to follow this  

aftermarket parts drz125l

check out http://www.bbrmotorsports.com then go to products then click suzuki then drz125 and they make some good aftermarket parts. I would suggest a frame cradle for jumping it and the suspension pretty much sucks on that bike, i have the stiffer springs. MUCH BETTER!

Look in my garage and note the mods that work well for making this bike handle as well as run stronger.

The BBR stiffer fork springs are a nice improvement, and in my opinion, one of the only cost-effective improvements you can make on this bike. There are lots of parts available, but they cost so much for what little improvement they make. To adjust the shock spring, just use a punch tapped with a hammer. Loosen the locking "nut" (I don't know what else to call it), and then use the punch to turn the nut to increase preload. Tap gently, and don't poke a hole in the shock body! This will reduce sag. If you want to increase the spring rate, you will have to buy a new spring.

I have an almost identical DRZ 125 to the one in garage of MDSmith. I have since found the ultimate engine upgrade for the DRZ 125. I used to have the Powroll 143 kit and was happy with it. The engine's only drop in 190 kit with 28mm flat slide carburator f-ing rips. If you have the money the 190 kit and upgraded suspension is the way to go.

www.xr100.com

www.suzukiofoakland.com for great deals on Suzuki OEM parts and aftermarket accessories.

For adjusting the spring knock the top ring loose with a hammer and big screwdriver, then use a good sizeed channellock pliers to adjust the bottom ring, moving it down stiffens up and raises the bike height, then lock the top ring back down. I agree this bike absolutely needs the BBR spring mods to handle well. :applause:

I have an almost identical DRZ 125 to the one in garage of MDSmith. I have since found the ultimate engine upgrade for the DRZ 125. I used to have the Powroll 143 kit and was happy with it. The engine's only drop in 190 kit with 28mm flat slide carburator f-ing rips. If you have the money the 190 kit and upgraded suspension is the way to go.

www.xr100.com

www.suzukiofoakland.com for great deals on Suzuki OEM parts and aftermarket accessories.

Hey put a pic of your bike up or put in your garage for all to see!