Missin Ak

Damn, left AK about two years ago to come to texas. Figured the moto scene would be alot better down here. I was right, but the track that was 15 min away from my house in AK is twice as good as any track down here. Except cycle ranch. Dont know what ya got till its gone i gues..

Did you race or just ride up here in Alaska? A few of us mainly trail ride here, some track but Kincaid is either dusty, wind blown or packed full of people. We ride Knik , Jonesville mostly. Other places also but hard to get to most of the spots by truck. And as for right now, if you can ride, your lucky, only about 26' of snow here at my house right now! Enjoy.

Mark :applause:

Theres nothing like riding at midnite thats for sure. I'll miss that as well when we move from here. Did it this past summer as well as last year, tired but it was a blast at the same time. I know the area you are in, Kingston is won of the cross overs to Seattle, been there done that many times. Next bike will be a WR though, a headlite will be needed for down there.

Mark

Military made me move. Was up in fairbanks. Hey if your moving up there, theres a track in north pole that kicks AZZ. If you like jumps. I have ridden many tracks including CYCLE RANCH, GLEN HELEN, COOPERLAND, Lake whitney, and I still think that the track there in north pole is the best track I have ever riden on. So sandy and peaky. Miss her :applause:

Hi my name is todd I'm 40 i have lived all across the state of alaska for 30 years. i grew up trail riding . now i live in palmer. 35 miles out of anchorage i now ride in the intermediate vet class mainly i ride at rival park on the old glenn. it is a great park that is in the trees with a lot of jumps we water before every Tuesday and Thursday night practice. races correspond to the state series. also there is a track in fairbanks that is killer , lites, built by dirtworks. first rate dirt. we have a sand track in kenai and a new one opened this summer in homer. anyway lots of people say rival park is great , its very tight racing . fully backed by AK racing lions. and people i trail ride with do get a little board with it so we moto and we all ice race , i have a built and lowered kx 500 for ice only . last year i took 2 nd in the state , on ice . for moto i have a 04 F 450. but this weekend its all about mountain snowmachining . what a blast,.see you at rival park this summer I'll will be the one who is watering. #23 :applause:

Rival is a very Techical track, lots of jumps and trees! I always snuck in the back way to ride, never raced there myself. Kincaid is cool, lots of people some good some bad to deal with while riding. I've been riding there since around late 70's also. We ride Jim creek area and cross the river every chance we get and head back towards the Glacier. jonesville is another spot to ride also up into the mountains,plenty of trails and wildlife though,be careful, bears and pissed off moose! Eureka is cool also dirt bikes or 4 wheelers in the summer and sleds in the winter.

Mark

rival park is an active track people say in tires them out more then kinkade plus with the trees and deselaration jumps it not just pin it and hold on . it takes finess . but sneaking onto a track not a good way to test a track . you dont have to race . just come to practice. we pay to ride there because it pays for the grooming, and up keep . when there is people on the track it is more exciting, plus safer. i live near sutton i know every trail this side of the valley winter or summer. way to many kooks on four wheelers drinking beer . you cant fly like we usd to. besides your bike stays cleaner , if you wreck you dont have far to crawl. rival is a good biginner track with seperate practace times.the jumps are safe. dang now i got a motojones.

rival park is an active track people say in tires them out more then kinkade plus with the trees and deselaration jumps it not just pin it and hold on . it takes finess . but sneaking onto a track not a good way to test a track . you dont have to race . just come to practice. we pay to ride there because it pays for the grooming, and up keep . when there is people on the track it is more exciting, plus safer. i live near sutton i know every trail this side of the valley winter or summer. way to many kooks on four wheelers drinking beer . you cant fly like we usd to. besides your bike stays cleaner , if you wreck you dont have far to crawl. rival is a good biginner track with seperate practace times.the jumps are safe. dang now i got a motojones.

Yeah, I agree with you about sneaking onto the track. Won of the kids moms whos kid races heard about me doing that and she ripped me a new won, I just said yeah-yeah, I know, take it easy, its all good. Back access is now blocked off from people like me, oh well, its for the best. I know the two guys who run the track there, its very cool what they are doing for people who love to ride and race in the valley. Have you ever made it back to the waterfall? Everytime we go, we either meet up w/a bear or moose or somebodys bike breaks down, we're always within minutes of it also from what I hear from guys on 4 wheelers. Thers won part were you have to scale down a bunch of rocks on a hill, man , that part sucks! Renthal bars do bend afterall!

:applause:

Mark