Missin Ak

rival is now blocked off due to insurance through racing lions. my self and too more volunteers run the park for SAM and Ralf. cant get enough. i have ridden the watterfall trail mass times winter , summer , dry , very muddy, when its dry it 10 minutes. when it muddy time disappears and you pick a line and don't stop for nothing . find me at rival and i will show you the waterfall. ask for Todd .#23

ah coo so you lived close to pollar race way up there??

out of the choices i heard from the guy looking to move here i would take big lake, i spend almost every weekend now at my uncles house there working on my sled and preping it for when the snow comes... lately its been 40+F out so there is alot of ice,, and no snow... look at the lake its pure ice all across.. kind of cool.

there 4 tracks, rival near palmer, kinkaid in anchorage area, pollar race way up in fairbanks and twin city in kenia.

man i cant wait for it to dump a foot of snow any time now! my xc700 is ready to ripp!!! :applause:

my dad has a drag bike he races in palmer, so before they banned dirt bikes ect, from being at the strip unless for tow perposes we used to go and ride in the dune area,, at jim creek! lots of people would be shooting rifles and stuff near the creek so that was a little weird,,, still extreamly fun tho!

im getting ready too go ice racing on my lowered ported kx 500 on race gas . i run top 3 or 4 in the state of ak ' we run on are track near the klondiike inn , on big lake . we run tires that are called holidays. we take two street bike tires and cut the bead off of them then stof them into a lugnacross knobby then shave the tire profile to turn left. front and rear plan to spend about 700 dollers for bought canadian tires and making your own can work great or totaly fail.very exacting... but when you enter a corner at 70 two intches from your comp and it sticks like a slot car knee draging . man .. its fast 10 laps you cant buleave how fast. come see .. call todd at a t v salvasage for a schedual..

do you guys still race right infront of the klondike(sp) place thats just a ways out from the old big lake lodge?

and if your talking to me about rivel being close, thats not what i said, i said that vehicles (dirt bikes quads ect.) cant be in the pits at any time at the drag strip... so we cant just ride from there to jim creek.. if your talking to some one els, my bad.

when are you guys going racing? it would be cool if we got more snow i could ride my sled out and watch some races

WOw its cool to hear people talk about AK. I lived up there for 15 years in Anchorage and Girdwood after Highschool. I only had an enduro (Kings Pass yeah) then, but the last 4 years Ive been in Park City UT. Racing MX and AX. A couple of my friends use to race not sure if theyre even still around. Kenny Gordon and Tony Hoffman. Anyone heard of them? They use to be acouple of the top riders back in the early to mid 90s. Any how its good to hear that people are tearing it up in AK.