Sign in to follow this  

best way to wash air filter?

whats the best way to wash an air filter, my buddy's method is to use gas to clean it with.. but i've heard people be harsh on using gas.. what is the best way to clean the air filter...

The twin air system! comes with a bucket that has a gallon of some kind of cleaner that works well.then a second bucket to dunk in the oil,squeeze it out and there u go!takes me less than 5 mins to wash oil and grease the filter. :applause:

NEVER USE GASOLINE!!! IT IS VERY DANGEROUS!

Honda recommends Kerosine.

I switched to the UniFilter spray oil and cleaner.

It is 500% easier than using gasoline.

Spray on outside, put into pale, wash out.

Rinse, dry 1 day. Oil. Squeeze. Air out overnight.

No matter what you use, you should let the filter dry out for one night and let the filter sit with oil overnight. Unless you like water and oil drops in your carb.

I use the No-Toil oil and Oxy Clean to wash with. Slick & easy. When I have a lot of filters I throw them in the washer. Piece o' cake.

I have been thinking of trying the Twin Air Bio as I prefer their filters over others. Anybody using the Twin Air Bio oil???

i was actually thinking about that.. do you think the dishwasher w/o any soap would work and not destroy the filter?

I always just dunk the filter in a bucket of gas (im normally cleaning 4-5 filters). I always let them dry over night so that there isnt a threat of them starting a fire. Then I just spray on the filter out (motorex comes in a spray can) work it in, and put it on the bike.

Twinair cleaner smells suspiciously like kerosene with a hint of green coloring. When the Gal. is used up I know where I'm going to refill it!

NEVER USE GASOLINE!!! IT IS VERY DANGEROUS!

You sound a bit nervous, do you shut your eyes when you fill the bikes tank up with kerosene? :applause:

If you use twin air filters you can use gas without worring about the filter falling apart. Their glue stands up to it great. I have 2 years on one and 1.5 years on 3 others (all are the backfire filters).

I dunk them in a bucket of gas, then wash them with hot soapy water. Let them dry overnight, oil and install.