Sign in to follow this  

Just purchased 2002 DR650SE

I just bought a blue 2002 DR650SE w/ 2900 miles on ebay for $2650. I pick it up next weekend. It's stock so I'll be asking advice on what to do w/ it and how and where to purchase accessories etc. I'm looking forward to dual-sporting!

First question though: What is the range with the stock fuel tank? I believe it holds 3.4 gallons.

Go straight To Jesse @ www.Kientech.com for your stuff. He's the DR man, no question, and sells a lot of stuff to overseas customers as well (like me!). Single best thing to do in this bike is to get a Dynojet kit and open up the airbox, back out the pilot screw a tad. Instant increase! 2nd best thing is to dump the 15 tooth sprocket and go for a 14. Cheap and much better all around. I get an average of 50 mpg, the DJ mods and FMF-Q pipe have cost me about 15% in gas mileage, but it is worth every penny, the bike has been transformed from a slug into a really fun ride! :applause:

Ya I second that give him a ring dont think just do it . If we all called Jesse first, there wouldnt be much to talk about on this forum.

Thanks. I'll be in touch w/ Jesse. His name is all over this forum. I'm going to start w/ the Dynojet and 14 tooth sprocket. I think that's good advise and it's cheap enough to do.

Can't wait to get the bike to get started.

Thats a good deal you got on that bike. What part of the sunshine state are you in? Was out riding this morning 71 and clear skys great day for riding :applause: I get around 110miles to reserve with lots of mods. I would also recommend Jessie he helped me out of jam with my carb and jetting one time loads of info on these bikes.

Central Florida, Fern Park work in Orlando. Do you ride in any of the Dixie Dual Sport runs? :applause:

I'm near West Palm Beach. I've heard of Dixie Dual Sport. I was on their website last week. When I get my bike I'll check into those rides.

Hey, I'm picking up a 04 DR 650 12/07/05. Looking forward to doing the mods and really morphing the bike into a world traveler. Zega bags and all. Any ideas for mounts for Zega bags. I know Zega sells the hoops for the pannier bag mountings. I need some ideas, or plans for the hoop mount to the bike. I've got a skid plate that comes with the bike but I'm looking for a skid plate that comes up around the sides of the engine. I saw one available that comes up the sides that fits up to a 99 model year. Will that work on a 04? Thanks for the info, Rodger

i think the best mod on my bike has been the corbin seat. you never want to leave. i ride my dad's 05 bmw k1200lt, and the dr seat is much comfier, better supported(corbin). now if i could convince him to go corbin, that may turn the tables but as is, i love the corbin.

Good deal on that bike, by the way.

My '99 stock is getting 65 mpg, (i'm a happy slow rider) which works out to 221 miles to a dry tank! I ran out of gas on "on", but didn't have the snap to check the mileage.

I'm near West Palm Beach. I've heard of Dixie Dual Sport. I was on their website last week. When I get my bike I'll check into those rides.

Devils Creek Is the best run IMO it's in January :applause: I will be there :ride:

My Bike after last years Devils Creek Run

I can say with certainty that my 2002 does 179km (111 miles) on a tank as I ran out last weekend and had to push it 2km to the gas station :applause: