Sign in to follow this  

Stainless Steel Braided line for SM

For those who care.....I could not find a specific SS braided front brake line for my SM. I have found what works great. An 04 Yamaha YZF450 Galfer line is a direct replacement for the stock rubber trash. $54.00 at Cycle Gear :applause:

For those who care.....I could not find a specific SS braided front brake line for my SM. I have found what works great. An 04 Yamaha YZF450 Galfer line is a direct replacement for the stock rubber trash. $54.00 at Cycle Gear :applause:

or another good idea..., like i did myself,

is to order a Galfer SS line for the DRZ, only make it 2 inches shorter,

to fit the SM model height change.

since Galfer make custom lines, so it's no biggy.

fits like a glove on my SM.

I was of the impression that any kit for a DRZ E or S would fit on the SM without any issues. Is this correct or not? I just ordered a Goodridge front brakeline from TTStore for my SM. I was hoping it would be a perfect fit. Anyone comment on this?

I was of the impression that any kit for a DRZ E or S would fit on the SM without any issues. Is this correct or not? I just ordered a Goodridge front brakeline from TTStore for my SM. I was hoping it would be a perfect fit. Anyone comment on this?

they would all fit connection wise...

what i'm talking about is length wise...

shorter forks on the SM, hence a bit shorter brake line.

the connections are all the same.

i ordered my galfer DRZ line 2" shorter but with the same connections.

the line u ordered would be fine for u. maybe a tad longer, but no biggy.

I'm not sure about the E line, but I just thought I would post an alternative. Seems like the YZF 450 line is more readily available.