Sign in to follow this  

Fisrt 100 hours on 2006 rmz450

I know there will probably be alot of people thinking I'm full of shit, but this is what I have done since buying this bike, The reliability on this bike is awesome........ I have just clocked 100 hours on this machine........I'm usaully very anal about the maintance on my bikes but I have been doing way to much outside of riding to be keeping up witht the maintance of this bike but this bike still runs fine! I have 1 dezert trip on this bike which after words came my first oil change after about 10 hours, I checked the timing chain and no play at all, valves were in spec perfect. Since I have just cleaned the airfilter after every 3 rides. I ride this bike hard at lake elsinore track. I have about 15 trips to the track on this bike now, and still nothing but power comes out of this machine......I love this bike soo much........well worth the top dollar I paid! I just checked the timing chain agian today and had a little play so I adjusted it but valves were still in spec, just got my new ready racing stainless oil filter so I will be doing an oil change every 3 rides now!!!!!! Just thought I would mention this so that people can get an idea of how good this bikes reliability is..... :applause:

That is good to hear. Had the 06 for about two weeks now. Have not had much time to ride unfortunatly. After one hour and one race on the bike, timing chain was noticably loose and one intake valve was just under spec. Adjusted chain and valve. Hopefully it stays that way. Love the bike. Awsome power and great handling. :applause:

I know there will probably be alot of people thinking I'm full of shit, but this is what I have done since buying this bike, The reliability on this bike is awesome........ I have just clocked 100 hours on this machine........I'm usaully very anal about the maintance on my bikes but I have been doing way to much outside of riding to be keeping up witht the maintance of this bike but this bike still runs fine! I have 1 dezert trip on this bike which after words came my first oil change after about 10 hours, I checked the timing chain and no play at all, valves were in spec perfect. Since I have just cleaned the airfilter after every 3 rides. I ride this bike hard at lake elsinore track. I have about 15 trips to the track on this bike now, and still nothing but power comes out of this machine......I love this bike soo much........well worth the top dollar I paid! I just checked the timing chain agian today and had a little play so I adjusted it but valves were still in spec, just got my new ready racing stainless oil filter so I will be doing an oil change every 3 rides now!!!!!! Just thought I would mention this so that people can get an idea of how good this bikes reliability is..... :applause:

Good feed back,I am in the same boat as you,but I have a 05 with 60 plus hrs,the only difference is, the cam chain needed adjusting 2 times 13th hr was the last adjustment. :ride:

must be nice living in a place where you can ride right now. We had an Ice storm last week.

Yea I love the weather out here.........we have only had one day of soid rain!!!! but atleast u guys are getting good snow my birthday is tomorrow and trying to go snowboarding but not sure of how much snow is at the mountains right now........

must be nice living in a place where you can ride right now. We had an Ice storm last week.

Don't let the ice, snow, and cold stop you from having a good ride. Sunday some friends and I went to Badlands in Attica Indian, and had a great day of ridding. We ride allmost every Thursday year round. We even have a New Years Day race every year in Indian. Just shoot some screws in your tires and go ride. :applause: By the way My 06 RMZ has 20 hrs and the valves are in spec and the timing chain was a little loose, not bad but i adjusted it

the cam chain needed adjusting 2 times 13th hr was the last adjustment. :applause:

Is there anything wrong with loosening the locknut and allen everytime you go to the trouble of checking the valves clearances and cam chain tension?

Since the tensioner finds the correct tension on its own after you loosen the allen, that's what I was planning on doing.

Let me know if this is a bad idea!!

Is there anything wrong with loosening the locknut and allen everytime you go to the trouble of checking the valves clearances and cam chain tension?

Since the tensioner finds the correct tension on its own after you loosen the allen, that's what I was planning on doing.

Let me know if this is a bad idea!!

No that is not a bad idea that is how it is done,make sure you are TDC on the compression stroke then loosen both nut then allen bolt,then tighten allen then nut. :applause: