TE510 - '05 vs. '06

Husqvarna seems to have done a great job improving their bikes a little bit each year. Their 4-strokes seem better than ever and I am considering a new TE510. However I would like to know exactly what has changed on the '06. The info on Husqvarna's website isn't really comprehensive and I haven't been able to dig up complete specs. I know the '06 comes with all the street legal parts, larger forks and...? Is the tank/seat unchanged? (Will the larger IMS tanks still fit, for example?) ...etc, etc. Any definitive info would be much appreciated. Grazie! :applause:

tank, chassis and plastic all the same 05, 06

italian factory site: http://www.husqvarna.it/

new arrow exhaust on the 2006, 50mm forks, new digital odeometer/computer, primary drive gear changed to give a taller gearing set up.

talk with/order your IMS tank, either 3.6 or 4.0 gals, from Halls

http://www.halls-cycles.com/

they should be able to confirm the 05 tank fits the 06 bike

Thanks, Bob. The .it website is a little better. And I will definitely be talking with Halls. Their site actually does have some info on exactly what's different for the '06's. Check it out - some of the translations are hilarious...

"Electrical connection:

new fried egg set for better light in front [ Enduro of models ] "

Uhhh...I'm not sure if that's good or bad!?!!

while BBob is of course right on the money--some other little changes:

...the rear caliper is different.

the carb is jetted different, bigger valves, triple clamp, head gasket.

the most obvious change (other than the street legal stuff) is the new primary drive ratios. the '05 510 was geared way to low. fine for a 450--but on the bigger bike it was just way to easy to over rev--even in 6th with 16-48 gearing...the '06's have made the bike much more versatile with a far far far wider spread to the gearing...regardless of spocket choice. its an important improvement.

With the new bike, it would be probably even taller then? That might be a dilemma here, putting together rear wheels that work for everyone (5102, 450s and 250s). The 16/46 works great on my TC 450. Who out here races a Tc or TE 250 in the desert and what gearing do you run? Thanks. Steny