Sign in to follow this  

Running Av. Gas?

Finally some intelligent information............Pump gas or U4 is the only thing you should be putting in your 4 stroke....everything else is hooha! :applause:

Pump gas will never be run in any of my motors that I care for,it is really funny hearing these comments. The majority who are replying have no clue,including you. Keep on reading your magazines and buy the bike that won the shoot out,and repeat what you read in the mags.

Pump gas will never be run in any of my motors that I care for,it is really funny hearing these comments. The majority who are replying have no clue,including you. Keep on reading your magazines and buy the bike that won the shoot out,and repeat what you read in the mags.

you'll be alright......I am not a mag guy but have about 25years of experience....and for your info I use VPU4 exclusively...it gives me the extra HP w/o the damage AV will give your "BIGREDSuzuki" :applause:

Fallacy ??? I think not,,,, talk about needing a clue. octane slows the burn rate of gasoline so it can be used in high compression motors to prevent detonation plain and simple.

The 500 hp motor in my 29 foot offshore performance boat is designed to run on 87 octane, thats what the owners manual says and thats what I use.. Filling up a 110 gallon tank with premium is a waste of money and not needed, but I guess you know better than Mercury Marine right ????

Not only that,, AV-gas does not have the lubricating properties of regular gasoline, and it is reccomended by some very high profile engine builders that if you do choose to use it to add a bit of 2-stroke oil.. I'm not talking about 45 hp 450 cc motorcycle engines costing 1,500 bucks I'm talking about 1,500 hp quad rotor blower motors costing well over 100,000 and they run on 93 octane.... :applause: