Sign in to follow this  

Anyone missing the Mountains yet?? New Helmet Cam

Nice work!! Killer vid. Keep up the good work. Can I ask what camera and recording device you are using?? Also what editing software do you use. Again, killer vid. I like your five miles of hell-Now that is one kickASS!!!! Video. thomdogg

Thanks for all the comments!

I use a 380 line lipstick style camera and use a Sony pc109 for recording. I also have a LANC button, which is essential. I then use Adobe Premiere to edit. I don't do anything fancy, I'd like to someday, but I don't have the patience, so I just whip out these quick, straight forward vids, and they do a great job at getting me motivated to ride, and I hope they are motivation for you guys too.

Thanks again...

Cory

Cool vid, bad song.

Just kidding. Here in the Congo we have alot of raves.

We lick some frogs and get out our glow sticks.

Thanks for all the comments!

I use a 380 line lipstick style camera and use a Sony pc109 for recording. I also have a LANC button... I hope they are motivation for you guys too.

Cory...they are definately motivational!! It is interesting to see that you are using a 380 line lipstick camera...anyone in particular?

Most people are pushing the 420 and 480 line cameras as the best, but as far as all the videos I have ever seen posted online, yours are about the best and the cleanest that I have seen. Can you elaborate a bit more on your setup? I am 'this' close to ordering one up myself to fit my Canon ZR25 camcorder and loading it up into my Pelican 1120 box and would appreciate any insite or advice that you may have.

I have read the sticky on the top of the Photo & Video forum and have gotten a ton of great info from that already, but if you have anything you can add, I would love it.

Yeah, the 380 line camera does just fine, it's a sony chip and 380 line. My buddy has a 480 line and I really expected it to be a lot better, but it really wasn't and he paid about twice as much for it, not worth it in my opinion. I think it only makes a difference on larger screens or TV's, but helmet cam footage is best viewed as a clip I think, even on a regular sized tv, full screen seems to be a bit much...I still like it though.

Other than that I just use the PC109 MiniDV camera as my recorder and and LANC cord to turn it on and off.

Mounting the camera in a good postition on your helmet is important and then use a decent codec, and bit-rate when you downsize the files to put on TT. I tried many before I settled on the .wmv I use now and it seems to work good and many people have told me my vids are the clearest H-cam they have seen, but I don't think I am doing anything out-of-the-ordinary or special. Don't know what else to say...good luck.

Hey, man I really give you props for these videos your making. :applause: your a good rider that rides the kind of trails I ride. The videos are always well edited and packed full of awesome trails and riding. Keep em coming, please!! :bonk:

BTW, I do like the music. It made me want to get up and start dancing

That's what my heart sounds like when i'm racing! hahaha

I think I'll post this video on the thread in the off road technique where the guy asked why people like singletrack. While it is not the singletrack I ride in bama, its some good semi-technical trails that can be ridden with speed, not 5mph!! :cry:

I know I have a long time to go, but I'm missing the mountain singletrack already. So I whipped up this ride from last summer for the experience. It's in Crested Butte, CO and from the same ride as my previous video posted this summer.

And for all you Techno-Haters, don't even bother with it if your going to bag on the music, I like it, deal with it.

The Butte 2

good job on fiding the shittiest possible music to go along with that vid

good job on fiding the shittiest possible music to go along with that vid

Feel free to turn the volume down! :applause:

Bitchinnng video!!

like Milhaus said,this one video is the cleanest that I've seen.The rest are blurry.

Seems like 380 lines of resolution is the way to go.

Got more? :applause:

Awesome video, watched it 10 times..Music is fine with me, But I prefer listening to the bikes..A little rain on the trail to keep the dust down would be perfect..Thanx.......... :applause: