ok whats supermoto?

So whats the deal, is this just street tires put on the dirt bikes? I have never seen the races nor talked to anyone about it. I heard that it is a blast, so do you jsut put street tires on? what makes it so fun, whats the difference between that and street bike riding/racing? I mean other then the obvious?

what makes it so fun, whats the difference between that and street bike riding/racing?

Glorifyed pit bike racing yes very accurate. What makes it intresting is the combination of dirt riding and tar riding each lap. Also you are on a realativly light bike with big floopy suspension stupidly sticky tyres (while they are on the bitumen at least) and massive brakes usally on a tight circuit. How can it not be fun?

SuperMotoJunkie is a great site, but you really can't appreciate how rediculously fun this is until you've tried it.

Find a local track day and make friends. Most are friendly, I've offered to let folks have laps on my bike before. Get in on the fun before everyone else finds out!

-Tom

Go here then click on the video titled "supermoto" in the lower right corner.

You can check out "the worst day" also.

I tried to hot link directly to the videos but it wouldn't work properly. :applause:

The first video in particular, is what supermoto is IMO.

Mike

ooh ooh an easy one, let me answer?

tracks are usually around 25-30% dirt with jumps and turns; asphalt sections are usually pretty tight road courses.

bikes are basically like you said, "dirtbikes" with 17" wheels and big brakes

I dont think they have any tracks around me, I am in new orleans area?

Tracks, well not any Supermoto specific tracks, but we got No Problem Raceway in BelleRose (Full RoadCourse and Kart Track), and there's a Kart Track in Lafayette (one up in MS near Diamonhead too), there's not dirt sections, but you can tear up the asphalt! I think there's some racing over in Alabama though.

I'm getting my 'tard this weekend. An XR650L. I'm a total noob with little riding experience so I'm not going to do any racing in the near future, just riding the streets and having fun. A KTM Duke II was the first "Street" Bike I ever road it was a blast.

History :applause:

Supermotard literally translates to Superbikers, I guess we can credit ABC's Wide World of Sports for the invention of SuperMoto!

someone told me that they wont let you ride motard at no problem

has anyone here ridden there??

That's totally f'ed up if that's true. I can't see why not. They do "Track Days" there all the time. That place was built for bikes. I've been there to race in a car (SCCA) and I've been to the museum with my dad, and the day I was there a club was doing a trackday but I didn't see or notice any 'tards, best thing to do is give them a call.