New bikes, pricing, and FMF Q2 exhaust

On Friday I went to the dealer and purchased the 2006 WR450F and the 2006 TTR50E as a little X-mas surprise for my boy and me. The dealer made me a good deal over the phone and I went in on Friday with our deal in hand ready to buy. The sales manager was complaining that they made me too good of a deal and they were losing money on the bikes. He asked me if I was comfortable with that and wanted to go forward with our deal. I just about laughed at him.

Anyway, I tried to order the FMF Q2 for the WR and they said FMF is stilll working on it for the 2006 and should have it fairly soon. Anybody know of another exhaust out for the 2006, or is it worth it to just mod the stock pipe with the insert?

Yeah, its too bad you took advantage of the poor guy. I hope he doesn't lose his job over it or something... These sales guys are so full of pig $h!t. I bet they are ok guys outside of work, but I will never understand how anyone can feel good about just flat lying to people all day long. I see a lot of dealer stories like this on here. It really makes me wonder what the dealers think of their customers.

I would have slapped the sales manager once for asking you if you were OK with the fact you were getting such a great deal. He should be training his sales people better if he's worried about getting it the tailpipe.

Then I would have slapped him again for lying to you about the FMF Q2 exhaust. They are available. Get it from the Thumpertalk store, you'll save money.

The funny part was the sales manager was the guy that offered me the deal over the phone in the first place. He wanted me to come in and deal with him in person. I told him I was not going to do that and we either needed to make a deal over the phone, or I would just buy them somewhere else. They hate dealing over the phone because it makes it harder for them to screw ya on the deal.

The dealers are so full of crap telling me they are losing money on the deal. If that was the case, they would have been out of business a long time ago and they would not have matched another dealers advertised offer if it was not making them money. Nobody selss you a bike because they are going to loose money. They would just let you buy it from the next dealer if it wasn't right for them.

Was this east bay motorsports in hayward?

Then I would have slapped him again for lying to you about the FMF Q2 exhaust. They are available. Get it from the Thumpertalk store, you'll save money.

The WR '06 is just the same as all the '03 pipes.

Only the YZ's are different for '05 to '06.

Dealerships here try to screw everyone for "freight". Funny thing is, I rang up yamaha australia and they said that THEY pay for the distribution of the motorbikes EVERYWHERE AROUND AUSTRALIA.

Armed with this info, I made a few salesmen look really stupid (which isn't really that hard to do!).

Always get the recommended retail price on ANYTHING you want to buy. That way, you know what their margin of profit is and how much you can get it cheaper for. They certainly don't buy at RRP.

yes, ALL dealers want you to come in, but you can at least get an idea if they are even willing to negotiate around your price before going in.

As for the FMF pipe, you are correct, it's not available yet, unlike someone that posted a reply to you that said it was. I called them directly last week on this. I bought a PMB for $50 and it works great. No problems, bike hauls ass and I have money in my pocket to spare!...HP increase was in the 5-6HP range according to another poster. I sure feel it and it takes just a few minutes to install.

You may want to check my previous post on this bike as I just did all the FREE mods and the bike just hauls...It's been so strong and pulls so awesome.

Good luck!

I bought a PMB for $50 and it works great. No problems, bike hauls ass and I have money in my pocket to spare!...HP increase was in the 5-6HP range according to another poster. I sure feel it and it takes just a few minutes to install.

5-6hp.... I don't see how :ride:

so does that mean that you get 10hp if you leave it out completely? :applause:

What is different on the '06 WR compared to the '05 WR

As for the FMF pipe, you are correct, it's not available yet, unlike someone that posted a reply to you that said it was. I called them directly last week on this.

I don't know who you talked to at FMF that said the Q2 wasn't ready for the '06, but they were HIGH :ride: ! The '05 and '06 are identical save a few little odds and ends that would not effect the exhaust. I have an '05 with a Q2, so I'd like to see the explanation for that one :applause: . Now if they were talking about the new Ti Powercore, then yes, it is unavailable until the new year...SC

I have personally installed 5 FMFQ2 pipes with power bomb headers on 2006 WR450's.

FMF hires goons to answer phones. They prob think you mean the 06YZ which is new for 06.

As for your dealer.... :applause: