Norcal TT MX day at Sandhill??

Would you attend a private track day at Sandhill?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a private track day at Sandhill?

they do, just get there when it opens. and san joses little supercross track is a joke.

When was the last time you rode at the SJMX? Because the last time I went to Club moto in August, I thought it sucked. The track layout,dirt,jumps all sucked. So I haven't gone back. But SJMX is fun. The track layout is good,the dirt clay is like Club Moto so it is O.K. but I think SJMX waters it better, and the jump are fun.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time you rode at the SJMX? Because the last time I went to Club moto in August, I thought it sucked. The track layout,dirt,jumps all sucked. So I haven't gone back. But SJMX is fun. The track layout is good,the dirt clay is like Club Moto so it is O.K. but I think SJMX waters it better, and the jump are fun.

No SJMX is just to friggin tiny for a 450 and there dirt is always crap. If you wanna do a real track day, check into the Hollister GP track.

No SJMX is just to friggin tiny for a 450 and there dirt is always crap. If you wanna do a real track day, check into the Hollister GP track.

CMC Motocross has a race at the Hollister Hills GP track January 15th. http://cmcmotocross.com/events.html

But when was the last time you went to SJMX? Since I know a Novice that has a 450 and he likes the track.

Yeah, a few months ago it sucked. They try to change parts of the every couple weeks or every month. Because a few months ago they didn't have a rythem section, a couple doubles, and a small set of whoops. But from when I first went there in October(I think) and how the track layout now is, It is waaayyyy better.One really good thing they did is take out some stupid S turns and put a couple straights and added the whoop section there.

LOL. The novice on the 450 I was talking about. We were talking what gear we where in throughtout the whole track. And when I said mostly 3rd and occasion 4th. He thought I was lying since he is in 2nd the whole track.

I was there for the last mutant race practice. The track was tight, but what do you expect with like half an acre. There were a couple hard jumps, the triple in front, and you could also triple in and triple out of this one rythm section they had. And I dont think you will get out of second on a 450, and you will only get out of second probably in like 1 or 2 spots on a 250f.

I was there for the last mutant race practice. The track was tight, but what do you expect with like half an acre. There were a couple hard jumps, the triple in front, and you could also triple in and triple out of this one rythm section they had. And I dont think you will get out of second on a 450, and you will only get out of second probably in like 1 or 2 spots on a 250f.

Yeah, I was there that day also, but I sucked that day. Because finally at the last practice of the day I started feeling comfortable on my bike. But can you do the triple in the front? I might try it next time I go there, because I saw some guy on a crf250 last Saturday, just roll the throttle out of the corner and he didn't seat bounce and he cleared it perfect. But do you have any tips for the rythem section? Because when ever I go there I double it but I case each rythem that I am doing.

But I run a 50 tooth rear sprocket at SJMX so maybe that is why I am in 3rd and occasionly 4th on the track.

Wannabe, I have ridden:

E Street

Riverfront (A lot)

Sand Hill

Club

And hangtown.

I would put them in that order (except hangtown). When I went and rode hangtown, they overwatered it and you could not hook up. It was also very very crowded. awesome track layout though. It would probably be killer if it wasn't muddy when I went.

But E-street is the shiznet. wide open track, thats very sandy loam, and they water and prep it throughout the day. It's a long track with a very nice layout. A little challanging. Not as wide as riverfront, but still wide...

Riverfront is a very very fun track. It flows together really nice. Fast track too. The only thing I don't like about this track is that the beginners try to go fast and cut lines, and make it dangerous for you. It's a easy track to ride. It is also super wide, allowing for easy passes. You can easily execute a 2 person pass at the same time...

Sand Hill's track is watered and prepped, however the layout isn't that great at all. A lot of potential for the track, but the layout needs some work. I haven't been there since the last time I took that panoramic shot, but I have seen newer pictures. It does look a lot better. I would say that this is a little bit narrower than E-street, probably very close in width.

I put club moto last, purely because of the fact that it does not flow well, and the prepping is horrible (except for a race). In the morning it's hard boulders. Later in the day it's not watered at all. Some corners they will leave the hoses running in the corners. Why pay 20 bucks for a track that isn't kept up? If I want a track that isn't kept up, I'd rather pay 5 at Carnegie... It's also a very narrow track.

Yeah, I was there that day also, but I sucked that day. Because finally at the last practice of the day I started feeling comfortable on my bike. But can you do the triple in the front? I might try it next time I go there, because I saw some guy on a crf250 last Saturday, just roll the throttle out of the corner and he didn't seat bounce and he cleared it perfect. But do you have any tips for the rythem section? Because when ever I go there I double it but I case each rythem that I am doing.

But I run a 50 tooth rear sprocket at SJMX so maybe that is why I am in 3rd and occasionly 4th on the track.

I have never tried the triple in front, but it would definetly be 3rd gear on my 250f.

When was the last time you were at club? There is a new layout, and the prep is always the same, race or normal practice. The hoses are never left running either, sometimes they break, causing an area to flood. As far as a ride day goes, I think estreet would be the best place. I haven't been to the "new" sandhill yet but I hear it is decent. Hangtown is also good, but I would imagine it would be a fortune to rent that place.

But E-street is the shiznet. wide open track, thats very sandy loam, and they water and prep it throughout the day. It's a long track with a very nice layout. A little challanging. Not as wide as riverfront, but still wide...

250Thumpher,

What is challenging at E-street? The jumps? Also are all the jumps hard to clear?

Thanks

Thanks...

I am probably going to go to ride at if they aren't rained out:

E-street on the Dec. 28

Club Moto on the Dec. 29

Argyll on Dec. 30

And no riding on the weekend since it is supposed to rain.

I would ride at other places on Dec. 29 and 30. But no other tracks are open on Thursdays or Fridays.

Sorry guys for getting off-topic. :applause: